51 replies to this topic

#41 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:37 PM

Con't ; Ulupica Xlge Yellow...has some filling up to do to live up to it's name.

5VxXWcF.jpg?1

:dance: Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler.Que Sera Sera :dance: 

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#42 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:31 PM

Spezzano Thai ;LQqdP2d.jpg
Tomatoes ~4 wks from seeds
eFKOOZz.jpg

Edited by wiriwiri, 04 May 2019 - 09:35 PM.

#43 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:39 PM

Corylus avellana 'contorta'...bought in a 1 gal container ..15 yrs later it's about 5 ft tall.a real beauty & definite slow grower & very

attractive when leafless & outlined in snow.

AKA Harry Laudet's Walking Stick...speaking

of Contorted ..this is..

This is an unusual shrub growing 2-4 m in ideal conditions. Foliage is light green and serrated, turning yellow in Autumn, but the main feature of this shrub-like tree comes after leaf drop when the twisted branches are free of foliage and clearly visible, adding a dramatic sculptural presence to the landscape. To add to its beauty, yellow hanging catkins are produced on the bare branches. Definitely a variety to consider if you're looking for something a little different to make a statement.

QyWjiMd.jpg

Edited by wiriwiri, 04 May 2019 - 09:42 PM.

#44 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 09:52 PM

My 1996   Miss Vicki..aka my Crown Victoria started leaking break fluid & my DH said time to say goodbye

to it...it's too old...has 118000 miles.. :tear:  Love this car ..it's my putt around town car..never an issue till now.

No rust....it just loves our country roads...sad eh? They don't make them like this anymore,
GREAT BIG AMERICAN SEDAN...the best.

5XffF8V.jpg

Edited by wiriwiri, 04 May 2019 - 11:30 PM.

#45 Sawyer

Sawyer

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,798 posts
  • aka:Sawyer

Posted 05 May 2019 - 12:44 PM

R.I.P. Miss Vicki

There was a contorted hazel growing on my uncle's property in PA. As far as I know, it's still there. I have a couple of (non-contorted) native Corylus americana in my backyard.

Your plants look really good. At a casual glance, that Ulupica Xlge Yellow looks like an African violet.
Plants are people, too.

#46 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 03:01 PM

You're right that does look like an African V...it needs to go outside but weather prevents..but our well is tapped off & then some,

..so looking on the bright side..sooo the sun will come out tomorrow,seriously. :shh:

I was going to post some of my Woodland plants but for some reason it was taking forever to load on IMGUR..

Hope your plants are coming along nicely.

lauder_snow.jpg

#47 CDNmatt

CDNmatt

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • aka:Matty

Posted 05 May 2019 - 04:53 PM

My 1996   Miss Vicki..aka my Crown Victoria started leaking break fluid & my DH said time to say goodbye

to it...it's too old...has 118000 miles.. :tear:  Love this car ..it's my putt around town car..never an issue till now.

No rust....it just loves our country roads...sad eh? They don't make them like this anymore,
GREAT BIG AMERICAN SEDAN...the best.

5XffF8V.jpg

I see this picture and I think to myself of run ins with the law as a teenager and cab rides home from the bar

Sad day to see her go Sandy

And great update pics as well  :cheers:

cdnmatt- Season 2 has started..Into the Fire I go

#48 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:17 PM

All good things must come to an end...it's gonna sit there till the undertaker comes..my husband said he could fix the brake system

but then something else will go..he's right...BTW many of those FORD  panther types were made in Windsor./St. Thomas ONT.

not far from you. ;) ..we love them..had a few other Vics that we bought @auction..we had our system down pat for the auction

It was fun...never bid till the end let all the idiots bid against themselves then swoon in @ the end & get the prize.. :P

WE don't buy new cars...waste of $$$.Ford stopped making them in 2011...the last Mercury Marquis/CV & Lincoln Town cars

rolled out of St.THOMAS Ca.in 2011 & then closed shop...Now collector's item.,workhorses for sure..rear _wheel drive cars

are hard to come by...great cars..not the match boxes that we have around now,hard to get your hands in there to work..send

them to the shop...yeah right. :rolleyes:

Your plants are looking great...now to get them in the ground..Happy Growing. :P

Edited by wiriwiri, 06 May 2019 - 08:08 PM.

#49 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:17 PM

CERCIS CANANENIS COVEY;A stunning accent shrub with gracefully arching and weeping branches,

a twisted trunk and very showy pink to purple flowers held tightly on bare branches in early spring,

curious heart-shaped leaves; an incredible garden accent, especially when in bloom..too bad the flowers

only last ~10 days...really weepy cool shrub.~5ft tall.

EW9Qouf.jpg

shJg53D.jpg

#50 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:21 PM

Jack in the Pulpit:0rbYaWs.jpg

JAPANESE PAINTED FERN with some Jack in the pulpit to the left.bzmMciR.jpg

Edited by wiriwiri, 06 May 2019 - 08:26 PM.

#51 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 08:34 PM

I like your shrubs on this page.  I'm probably more of a fan of branches, structure, texture, and foliage than I am of flowers, but the mix of blooms and bare branches on your redbud above is really something!

#52 wiriwiri

wiriwiri

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:03 PM

Thanks CD..yes that is a nice shrub wish it bloomed for a longer time..gets real leafy/ a haircut  is due come June.Had more gardens but

it was hard to upkeep  d/t work schedule etc..I like unusual plants/shrubs etc...Everyone around here has Forsythia ..so common..

It's annoying  to my eyes...it should be banned IMO. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests