13 replies to this topic

#1 SnakeForce

SnakeForce

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:37 PM

I have discovered a few new vendors! First one is one from the United Kingdom, it's chileseeds.co.uk, I searched it on here and I couldn't find any results, they have exclusive peppers I've never heard of, such as their Leroy Brown and Jays x Pink Tiger x Carolina Reaper peppers (chileseeds.co.uk/shop/leroy-brown-chilli-seeds-3 | chileseeds.co.uk/shop/jays-x-pink-tiger-x-carolina-reaper)

The other one is chilli-seedz.com, which has been only mentioned 12 or so times on The Hot Pepper, so I consider it not very known, they have an insanely cool looking pepper called Thor's Thunderbolt, (chilli-seedz.com/shop/chilli-seeds/thors-thunderbolt) which I want to order meself.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 bob65

bob65

Hot

• Extreme
  • 587 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:28 PM

chilli-seedz.com is an Australian seed seller (located in Townsville Queensland from memory)

I have bought from them, they are well known and considered one of the trusted sellers in Australia.

They are active and trusted on several of the Australian chilli facebook pages.

Thors Thunderbolt does look cool. But you will find they only have a limited supply and will probably run out soon (read more expensive)

My last purchase from them took about 4 days to get here (and that is including the weekend)

20190220_165738.jpg

#3 SnakeForce

SnakeForce

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:32 PM

Ah, sorry, why do you suppose I haven't heard it mentioned much? Is it a region thing? I'm form North America

Edited by SnakeForce, 28 February 2019 - 05:34 PM.

#4 SnakeForce

SnakeForce

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:36 PM

So chilli-seedz.com is well known, oops, sorry, how about the other one? Is that one lesser heard of?

#5 bob65

bob65

Hot

• Extreme
  • 587 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:41 PM

Ah, sorry, why do you suppose I haven't heard it mentioned much? Is it a region thing? I'm form North America

I would only be guessing why you haven't heard much of them.

The region thing sounds like a likely explanation.

Plus, other than the occasional variety, I am sure you could buy what they have locally so why would you look overseas.

Edited by bob65, 28 February 2019 - 05:42 PM.

#6 SnakeForce

SnakeForce

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:50 PM

Ok, well that's true whenever I find a new pepper I haven't seen, I look if I can find it locally, but some of them are exclusive, like all the peppers I mentioned are only available there, there are loads of peppers I can only find on chilli-seedz.com, like Thor's Thunderbolt.

Edited by SnakeForce, 28 February 2019 - 05:51 PM.

#7 bob65

bob65

Hot

• Extreme
  • 587 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:55 PM

lol

Because of this thread I just put in an order for some Thor's Thunderbolt.

$5AUD for 6 seeds, plus they are only f3.

Too late to grow them this season, will have to wait to see how they go.

#8 SnakeForce

SnakeForce

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:59 AM

Lol, well I wasn't trying to advertise, just trying to give an example, but thanks for making me aware that it was a well-known vendor :thumbsup:

#9 ShowMeDaSauce

ShowMeDaSauce

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:44 PM

I got some seedlings in a trade last year. The Antep Aci Dolma seeds came from chilli seedz in Australia. Fords was out so my buddy went with these.....They did grow true as far as i can tell and he had no issues with his order.

#10 SnakeForce

SnakeForce

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:42 PM

Nice!

#11 bob65

bob65

Hot

• Extreme
  • 587 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:05 PM

These turned up in the mail yesterday. So I got them 6 days after the order, but I am in the same half of the planet as them.

They always send some "mystery seeds" with their orders too.

20190307_104919.jpg

#12 internationalfish

internationalfish

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:24 AM

They always send some "mystery seeds" with their orders too.

Extras are definitely nice, but "mystery seeds" seems like a questionable bonus unless you have more grow space than you know what to do with.

#13 bob65

bob65

Hot

• Extreme
  • 587 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:32 AM

Extras are definitely nice, but "mystery seeds" seems like a questionable bonus unless you have more grow space than you know what to do with.

Agreed. I already have more varieties than I have room to grow them next season.

They say 20+ seeds of at least 6 different varieties that could be anything from their seed list.

#14 SnakeForce

SnakeForce

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 11:07 AM

I have bought from them, they are well known and considered one of the trusted sellers in Australia.

They are active and trusted on several of the Australian chilli facebook pages.

Since it's well known, do you think I should delete this post since it's in the Vendor Vault?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New, Vendors, Unknown, Rare, Peppers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests