• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Leggy seedlings? Help

Hi all,

Im pretty new, last year I grew some chocolate habanero and scorpion peppers in my raised bed, no problem.

This year somehow I ended up with 12 hots and decided to try my hand at that.. and growing in grow bags and buckets.. in starting ther seeds i did nothing different, lighting even the same, but some of the peppers seem to be getting really leggy.. all started at same time but some seem leggy.. some not so much..

My light set up is, i had them in the window but under a grow light.. 2 bulb system t5.. They seemed to be leaning and i didn't know of the sunlight was drawing them or what so I have since moved them to dining room table and have been trying various light heights again.. i also added another light fixture..

The main ones I'm worried about is 2nd from left.. those are tam jalapeno and all 3 cells i started are the tallest in the tray..

Should i scrap them and start over?

For anyone interested the varieties I've got are

Sugar rush peach, chocolate habanero, tam jalapeno, buena mulata, Thai red, Chinese 5 color, datil, Tabasco, black pearl, fatalii, filis blue, and cayenne..

Any advice is appreciated..
acb058cbb251ea6ddfec3dbd5b31f30e.jpg
35abfff8cf7c8ad76734cbb9b1c6cfed.jpg
92c9a4103fcc819cf93e8b5ff5b9a4f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

How close are the lights? If seedlings are leggy it usually means not enough light or light is too far away. Still, leggy seedlings are not the end of the world. I would let them get a couple sets of true leaves on them, then plant them deep when you transplant them. The part of the stem that you bury will send out more roots, and all will be well. Definitely no reason to scrap them and start over, as they look plenty healthy to me.

BlackFatalii said:
How close are the lights? If seedlings are leggy it usually means not enough light or light is too far away. Still, leggy seedlings are not the end of the world. I would let them get a couple sets of true leaves on them, then plant them deep when you transplant them. The part of the stem that you bury will send out more roots, and all will be well. Definitely no reason to scrap them and start over, as they look plenty healthy to me.
Thank you for replying! Today i moved the light down to the leaves almost touching the bulbs. I wasn't sure peppers were the same as tomatoes in that respect. I'm planning on potting up soon so that's good to know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back