• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Devastation happened overnight.

dGnTrnu.jpg
This plant was fine yesterday, no signs of anything wrong, and today this?

Also something going on here I think.
vgmOsBS.jpg

The top one was about 3-5 inches from the lights(T8), the bottom wasn't under any lights. Any ideas whats going on here?

Edmick said:
And they haven't been in direct sun at all? My guess is either nutrient burn or sun scald

No sun at all, all 6500k lights, that were actually too high for these. Also the soil is full of perlite, so it drains very quickly which is why I fertilize weekly.

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
this is all just my opinion but such young plants probably don`t need any fertilizing. i use nutes sparingly once they are outside and in containers or in the ground. this may not have any bearing on what is going on with your plants. just thought i would put this out there. 

The soil doens't have much in it, so it's only getting what I add to it. Plus it definitely helps speed up growth.

Regular Miracle Grow 24-8-16 is really strong stuff. Even at 1/3rd strength its pretty high for young plants. Use something really mild like GNS17 Grow 3-1-2 at half strength or less. Better yet a weak kelp based solution.

Back