• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Krimbles's 2019 Grow Log

Hi everyone! I've grown peppers for a couple years now, and posted some pictures of my plants on here last season. This year I decided to go in better equipped than my previous years, so I setup a 36x60x72 grow tent and started all my seeds in rockwool cubes. I got some seeds from Atlantic Pepper Seeds, and some from Puckerbutt Pepper Company. 

So far I've got a White Fatalii and Yellow Scotch Bonnet in the 18 gallon DWC tote. Other varieties I currently have growing in rockwool and in coco, are Aji Pineapple, Pink Habanero, Chocolate Habanero, Carolina Reaper, purple Bhut Jolokia X Pimenta De Neyde cross, Bolivian Rainbow, Purple Jalapeno, Farmers Market Jalapeno, and Purple Serrano. There's also a couple Tasmasmian Chocolate tomatoes  hidden there, and some some Bok Choy, Swiss Chard, Lettuce, and Basil in the smaller DWC setup. 

I'll update pictures throughout the season. I'm going to grow most in 5-7 gallon grow bags, and a couple in RDWC and a few in 5 gallon low pressure aeroponic buckets. 

Thanks for checking out my grow!  ;)  :dance:

2 - jq1GBt1.jpg

3 - S253Z5z.jpg

1 - 0JnInHz.jpg

Nice setup! And you've got a very cool variety of peppers in there. Your tent should look like hell's own candy shop when they all start to produce.

Not sure how I feel about those leafy impostors, but I suppose if you absolutely must... ;)

Very nice.....good luck on your grow.

internationalfish said:
Nice setup! And you've got a very cool variety of peppers in there. Your tent should look like hell's own candy shop when they all start to produce.

Not sure how I feel about those leafy impostors, but I suppose if you absolutely must... ;)

Thanks! Yes I've got quite a few times more varieties than I've ever attempted before. I may keep a few in the tent, but I will bring most of them outdoors in about 7 weeks or so.

Don't worry, if I run out of space the leafy impostors will be the first ones to go.  :P

Sizzle Lips said:
Very nice.....good luck on your grow.

Thank you very much! So far, I seem to have rectified most of my issues from previous years. I'm being hopeful that I'll be able to say the same by harvest time.

Wermland said:
Cool setup, looking good! Looking forward to future updates [emoji4]

Skickat från min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

Thank you! I'll be updating at least every two weeks.
karoo said:
Nice setup ,
warm and clean and well lit, soon to be very crowded.
Thank you! Yeah the tent has really helped me to maintain a good humidity/heat level for the plants. I'm hoping it warms up outside before it gets too crowded. 

Walchit said:
Looking good. What light do you have hanging there?
Thanks! Just a cheap Innova 19W led grow light. Nothing great, but does the job for leafy greens and seedlings. I've got a DuroLux 2ft x 4 lamp fixture with HO T5 bulbs over the 18 gallon tote. 

samdizshiz said:
Wow that's allot of different peppers I've never even heard of some of these

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Anyone have any insight on what this could be? I was worried about root rot, but this looks to be more of a coating and will wipe off easily. I recently did a reservoir flush and started using a fairly light mix of General Hydro's 3 part FloraGro nutrients, calmag, and Silicon Dioxide. PH is hovering around 6. Light bleed shouldn't be much of an issue, especially since I foil taped my cover. I'm thinking it may be some type of algae?

Attachments

• 20190402_172411.jpg
    20190402_172411.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 20190402_172443.jpg
    20190402_172443.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 91
Added another airstone to my DWC tote about a week or so ago, bleached the reservoir, and now I'm finally starting to see some white roots. I'm thinking that since the new roots aren't staining at all, it must of been some sort of Algae/root rot.

Here's the Yellow Scotch Bonnet.

20190424_194557.jpg

20190424_194550.jpg

Should I trim as many of the rotted roots as possible? I'd like to prevent them rotting off into my nutrient solution.

Nice looking setup K. How's things looking now?

DownRiver said:
Nice looking setup K. How's things looking now?
Thank you! Things could be looking better. I've lost most of my rockwool peppers to a Phythium infection.
I transplanted my Yellow SB and White Fatalii, as each time I'd get new healthy root growth, they would eventually get root rot until I flushed everything. 

Just this morning, I decided to transplant these two in some Coco mixed with Perlite and 10% worm castings. 
Most of the peppers in the cups are doing fairly well, such as the Purple Bhut X Neyde, Carolina Reaper, Aji Pineapple, Purple Jalapeno, and Chocolate Habanero.

The intruders like the Tomatoes, Brocolli, Romanesco Cauliflower, Lime Basil, and Okra, are doing quite well. 

Starting to Harden them off this weekend. 
20190519_115843.jpg

Krimble said:
Should I trim as many of the rotted roots as possible? I'd like to prevent them rotting off into my nutrient solution.
If it makes you feel better to trim and then not
have to worry about them, I'd say go for it. 

I've seen pics of Kratky Jars on the forum with
all kinds of goo   :sick:  in them, and the plants seem
to be doing fine.

Good luck getting to your plant-out time and
getting everything hardened off. That is one of
my least favorite things about growing peppers.
It can be a bearcat hardening off in our variable
weather.

PaulG said:
If it makes you feel better to trim and then not
have to worry about them, I'd say go for it. 

I've seen pics of Kratky Jars on the forum with
all kinds of goo   :sick:  in them, and the plants seem
to be doing fine.

Good luck getting to your plant-out time and
getting everything hardened off. That is one of
my least favorite things about growing peppers.
It can be a bearcat hardening off in our variable
weather.
Thank you! I'm not done with the hydroponic experiments yet, just rethinking my approach for next time around. 

And yes, I hear your region has quite the unpredictable weather. I must say, from what I've seen, it's a beautiful area.
We've had nothing but rain on and off for the past few weeks here, so hardening the plants off has been a challenge so far.

Hopefully I have a more positive update in the coming weeks.  :rolleyes:

I repotted all my peppers into 1 gallon pots. I used Pro Mix HP with some bone meal, blood meal, and kelp meal. Just watered them with some Neptunes liquid fish and seaweed.

I hope to put them outside this weekend.
If it only it could stop raining.

20190606_182228.jpg

Krimble said:
If it only it could stop raining.
It can, it just won't.

The weather patterns are so mixed up everywhere,
it seems like. Looks like we are heading into a cloudy
June here. And rain showers.

Good luck getting some dry windows for planting out!

About time I had another update. It wasn't an ideal start to the season, but my surviving plants are perking up. Switched to all organic fertilizers and nutrients. While I've already added most amenities to the soil when I repotted them, I just game them all some Power Bloom from Gaia green, a little over a week ago. They seem to like it a lot!

From left to right. Carolina Reaper, Bhut X Neyde cross, Purple Jalapeno, and Pink Habanero.
3iRaBGn.jpg

My DWC Hydroponic Yellow Scotch Bonnet. It never did great after transplanting. 
TdfiTyU.jpg

Purple Jalapeno
i3cmged.jpg

Aji Pineapples 
PXfNoY8.jpg

Bhut X Neyde
wIACjkX.jpg

One Tomatoberry plant and two Tasmanian Chocolate Tomato plants :shh:
ODOkZME.jpg

Back