5 replies to this topic

#1 kentishman

kentishman

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:21 AM

I finally tried something Ive been thinking about eating for a while: my homemade kimchi and cottage cheese. It sounds weird, but I was surprised how well they went together. My wife liked it as well, so maybe we are both weird! Apart from anything else, it has to be pretty healthy.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 dragonsfire

dragonsfire

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,404 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:00 AM

No your not, some people say your weird to put ketchup on hot dogs.

"Peanut Butter and Kimchi Sandwich: 

Of all the combinations we tried, this one—due to the appearance and the strong, fermented smell—was the most initially horrifying. But, just like the raw onion, the vinegary, pungent kimchi did a good job holding its own against the oftentimes overpowering peanut butter. The peanut butter, in turn, neutralized the aggressive kimchi just the right amount. One staffer loved this sandwich so much that she even made her own version several days later. "

https://food52.com/b...h-peanut-butter

Edited by dragonsfire, 10 May 2019 - 11:01 AM.

#3 Orekoc

Orekoc

Hot

• Extreme
  • 766 posts
  • aka:Call me Pugs or Pugsley

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:11 AM

Hey, my dad's family was quite poor when he was a kid.  They ate home made bread with a spread of lard on it.  It got real fancy if you added a slice of raw onion. Grandma would tell them if they didn't want that, they weren't hungry.

“The only difference between me and a madman is I'm not mad.” - Salvador Dali

Ah, I don't use PayPal, so if I forget to say it in a PM, I said it here, so I didn't really forget, to say it.

#4 Ruid

Ruid

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:49 AM

No your not, some people say your weird to put ketchup on hot dogs.

That's mostly from arrogant Chicago douches who have their self-esteem and pride wrapped up in judging others for how they enjoy their food. Same goes with pizza from NY and Chicago or steak and cheese subs from Philadelphia.

#5 Rockandrollin

Rockandrollin

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:17 PM

Ketchup on scrambled eggs. Sounds weird, but ketchup, a diced up hot pepper, and grated cheese, on scrambled eggs, yum!

#6 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 48,442 posts
  • aka:Pookie, Satan Claus
  • (x3)

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:27 PM

It doesn't sound too weird. Makes me think of jalapenos poppers with cream cheese. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests