•  

Photo

Cleveland weather this year has been uncharacteristically WET. Expecting a full week of thunderstorms, starting tomorrow. Should I be concerned?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ProjectileTeeth

ProjectileTeeth

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:24 PM

All of my peppers are in pots on the porch. 2/3rds of them are in fabric pots, the rest are in plastic pots. All of the ones in fabric pots are outside the overhang over the porch, all of the ones in plastic pots are situated on the wall of the porch, so they would get less rain. Should I minimize their exposure, or will they be fine? I've been waiting/wanting the weather to dry out and get hot, but it's mid June, and it still feels like fucking late April.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 Cheesehead

Cheesehead

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:44 PM

I am having the same problems in Wisconsin close to the lake as well. It is raining almost every other day and very cold and windy. I have a bunch of lately started peppers boughts from the local garden shops and I'm wondering what I should do to them to help them out. This is a nasty growing season in the midwest for sure, yikes! 

#3 luvmesump3pp3rz

luvmesump3pp3rz

Hot

• Extreme
  • 891 posts
  • aka:kevin

Posted Yesterday, 07:20 PM

All of my peppers are in pots on the porch. 2/3rds of them are in fabric pots, the rest are in plastic pots. All of the ones in fabric pots are outside the overhang over the porch, all of the ones in plastic pots are situated on the wall of the porch, so they would get less rain. Should I minimize their exposure, or will they be fine? I've been waiting/wanting the weather to dry out and get hot, but it's mid June, and it still feels like fucking late April.

they will survive it but if you really want to avoid all that rain is there some way you could bring some inside so that the rest stay underneath the overhang? if not then rotate them so one day in the rain then one day underneath the overhang. that would cut the rain in half. good luck with it.  :cheers:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests