• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pequin or Chiltepin or...?

Sorry for the quality of the photos, was using my phone's camera. I have this plant which has been in the family for a while and was given to me about 3 years ago.  Peppers are about the size of your pinky nail, or no more than half an inch, small and round. A lot of heat, comes on quickly and goes quickly, but a great taste. I eat them as is or will add a small bunch to a salsa. It begins producing late in the season and produces into late fall. Small white flower. When fully mature, they turn reddish and fall off the calyx fairly easily. The red paper is there to mark a cross I am attempting with a serrano. Any additional questions, please feel free to ask. 

Thanks in advance. 

Attachments

• IMG_5695.jpg
    IMG_5695.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_5697.jpg
    IMG_5697.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_5698.jpg
    IMG_5698.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_5696.jpg
    IMG_5696.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 140
texas blues said:
Pequin.

Small and round would be chiltepin.

Or other bird like chile.

There are a few different names used interchangeably to describe two different C. annuum species native to southern US/northern Mexico. A good place to start is >CAYENNE DIANE - CHILTEPIN (TEPIN, BIRD’S EYE, BIRD PEPPER). I've often seen pequin thrown in for good measure, but as can be seen by clicking on that link they tend to be ovate in shape and not round.

Additional info in this THP thread.>Need help identifying this pepper

Back