• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What is the liquid inside my peach ghosts

Hi, I'm coming to the end of my 2nd year growing chilis and the end of my first year growing super hots. I've learned alot and still have alot to learn. I just found something I haven't seen before, I was cutting some bbg peach ghosts in half for drying and one of my plants is producing pods about 1/5 full of liquid. I did what anyone in my position would have done and stuck my finger in it and tasted it. It tasted like concentrated Peach ghost ghost flavour and it was unbearably hot. The liquid soaked into my tounge, mouth and throat burning deep into my body.

What is this liquid? Os this normal? What can I do with it?

I tried to take some photos but they dont clearly show how much liquid is inside. You can also see a puddle from the first one I cut into on my chopping board.

Attachments

• 20190913_192432.jpg
    20190913_192432.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 20190913_192359.jpg
    20190913_192359.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 85
rickster said:
 lick it and see if its hot.
I hear that all the time,,. After today it might be a while... lol

Swinglish said:
I did, as I said above. It was unbearably hot. It soaked deep into my tounge, mouth and throat.

Yup, thats about right, you'll get use to super hots, maybe.

Got some fresh Butch T Scorpions that are just getting ripe now. Shared 1 with the S O, warned her first that I had tasted 1 earlier and it was the hottest I've ever had. Well, it was like the exorcists, tried to comfort her but she punched me. And I thought Latinas could handle the heat.....

Yeah any time I had fresh pods and would work doing clean up for a friend who builds houses, the brick layers would typically be Mexican. Every time I offered one of them a pod, they would politely decline.

Though to be fair, I had eaten a super in front of them and they saw my struggle first. lol

FreeportBum said:
Agree 100%. IMO/IME, any liquid that pours, drips, streams, falls or anything other than stay in its place, is predominantly water...with maybe some "heat" floating around in it. Capsaicin oil is pretty thick and kinda acts like an adhesive and sticks to pretty much everything. I've never seen it pour, drip, etc.

I believe that if you hadn't cut that one open, it would've eventually rotted quicker than if there was no liquid inside...I don't think cap does that.

The dried peppers have alot of oil in them, I have been making chilli powder with all my dried Peach ghosts. If I use these peppers will the oil mess up the powder? Like making it clump together?

Attachments

• 20190917_142513.jpg
    20190917_142513.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 72
Swinglish said:
The dried peppers have alot of oil in them, I have been making chilli powder with all my dried Peach ghosts. If I use these peppers will the oil mess up the powder? Like making it clump together?
You'll have a bitch of a time getting a good grind.

Back