• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

QuadSkillet Domination

Ok, after having a dreadful McSkillet burrito the other day (it was bought for me), I decided I could do much better. >;-}

So, I took some leftovers..chicken nuggets & cajun sausage, onions, garlic, a bunch of pepper rings, S&P, Arbol chile powder, and to kick it up a few notches..a whole pickled Bih Jolokia.

skillet1.jpg

Cusinarted into a nice chunky mix.

skillet2.jpg

Now we're getting somewhere!

Set that aside, and made scrambled eggs, also with hab powder and sea salt/pepper/touch of curry powder.

Added to the meat mix on a big tort. Added some Cayenne powder for the hell of it.

skillet4.jpg

Then, using real butter I fried up some hash browns from scratch w/ Yukon Gold Potaoes, onions, more hab powder, more s&p, and dash of garlic powder.

skillet3.jpg

OK..time for Burrito-izing!

*next*

Ok, the Assembly.

Added lots of cheddar/monterey jack cheese, and topped with some sausage country gravy. :D

skillet5.jpg

Most of the ingredients were warm, but needed some nuking to warm the tort and melt cheese, etc. So rolled it up, topped with some of Hippy's Afterburner sauce, and shedded Hababero Jack and let it Nukify!

The Results:

skillet6.jpg

Freaking good..and hot enough to give me pause after the first bite..Muhahahaa. :hell:

That's how I roll folks.

-QS

Thanks all, I just like cooking stuff. :D

I always thought of doing a restaurant, but the biz is far from the ideal of one.

Scorpion said:
Mate you certainly have to think about the food industry...that along with all your other stuff is fantastic!

Thanks mate, what Mick does with his shop is the kind of thing I'd love to do, something small and funky. The 'ol "pub food" type stuff. :)

But it's incredibly competitive, expensive to start and crowded for restaurants here.

I'll hava tripod soon so should be able to take better pix..yay!

cheers,

QS

Back