• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

homemade salsa

ok here is what i made at work today 2.5 lb of jal. and 1.5 lb of serrano,40-50 orange habs, 15-20 ghost peppers ,and 2 large yellow onions about 20 garlic pieces,2gallons of diced tomatoes and 1 gallon of tomato sauce and good amount of sea salt few shots of water also.... and just mixed it all up and you can see what i got there....
IMG00131-20090217-12221.jpg
IMG00130-20090217-12221.jpg
IMG00134-20090217-13181.jpg
IMG00133-20090217-13181.jpg

Does look thin. Water and tomato sauce not needed. Looks good though, I like a pureed sauce rather than chunky.

it is still real thick and i will have to add more water in the morning.. when it gets cold it will thickin up alot ... i will see if i can get a pic of it in the morning... did i posted it in the wrong place????

AlabamaJack said:
understand about the didn't come in today...

still looks good to me...how hot is it...one chip make you sweat?

lol no chip yet i took a small spoon full after i made it.. i did not have alot of time to enjoy it today.. but it started to to bulid up heat slow and it got hot in the back of the throat and my head was on the verge of sweating.. i will see in the morning i will have some tacos first thing and chips later for lunch, it is mex. day on wed.

ok guys here you go, these pics where taking at 5:30am today this is one of the first things i did this morning... lol as you can see i turn the chip side ways and it stayed on the chip so i think it is plenty think trust me and i added some more water to it it needed it... i also like to Stretch it out, so i dont have to make it every other day... anyways enjoy, oh and that chip really woke me up today...and AJ it did make my head sweat a little...lol i had all the peeps try it at work they really liked it most peeps could not eat more than a few chips and they did not even put that much on... it is hot but it is just right and all them peppers mixed up like that is awsome.. i wish some other peeps here would make it and tell me what they think... oh i for got to say that i steamed the peppers first for maybe 30min, it could have been less, then i mixed them up....
IMG00135-20090218-05221.jpg
IMG00136-20090218-05231.jpg
IMG00137-20090218-05231.jpg
IMG00138-20090218-05241.jpg

millworkman said:
I am a righty and I take pictures of my left hand because it is easier for my right to work the camera.

lol guys it is a X on my hand !!! MWM is right,i am right handed,i am NOT a left handed, it just was easier to do the pic like that... i had something else to say but for got lol :lol:

millworkman said:
I am a righty and I take pictures of my left hand because it is easier for my right to work the camera.

thats because of damn near everything is made for right hand people, like all cameras ;)
I'm a lefty & left eye dominant though everything I own is made for rightys, though I made do & became ambidextrous for hands & eyes (for hunting, to a point I can switch eye dominance w/o closing the other eye)

Back