gadgets smoker thermometer

I have a smoker, but it doesn't have a thermometer. Anyone recommend a good one ? maybe one you use and like. I'm not looking for the wireless fancy ones, but one to direct mount on my smoker.

PP

I use a remote thermometer I got for about 12 bucks. It has a metal braided wire attached to a probe that you would normally stick inside the meat. Just wrap it around the grates and let it hang. You can set it so it sounds an alarm when it reaches temp too.

I've burnt out a lot of thermometers and probes in my hot smoker(Burnt one out today:)) Most of the probes I've had(even metal braided ones) are made for sticking in the meat, and they often can't take the higher temps of the smoker interior. I've been eyeing a good unit at the hardware store with two seperate heavy-duty probes, one for the meat and one for the smoker. Its a bit pricey but may just save me buying a bunch more cheap ones.

For the outside on the smoker? I've used New Braunfels with good luck -- I got it at Lowes or HD I dont remember

thats the same one I bought for my smoke house and also for my smoker pit (that is under construction)

Back