• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Topsy Turvy

Ohhhhhhh nice, thanks! It seems it would work! I may get a couple of these things. I have to go look at the prices first.

NP.
Amazingly, I even remembered it was Potawie who was into it..which rly helped in searchin...lol

Funny the things you recall.

Talas traded me some seeds for hot sauce, so I need to get into pepper growing this year. He sent me some real interesting stuff!

I think Iggy grew a fatalii in a topsy turvy last year...and it did quite well...

I have 4 of them the wife bought me last November and 2 tomatos and 2 pepper plants are going in them this year...she ordered them off the television ad...2 for 19.95....

you can check at Walgreens or Walmart in their "as seen on TV" section of the store...

I don't know what to think about "Because it is upside down the water and nutrients flow directly to the fruit." ... But it looks interesting, I might give it a shot making my own ...

POTAWIE said:
You can make your own very cheap out of 5 gallon pails

THIS. All you need is a 5 gallon bucket, a hole saw (optional i guess if you can make a hole another way) and a coffee filter.

Drill a hole in the bottom, cut your coffee filter so it looks like pac-man, stick the plant through the hole and set the filter over the hole around the plant to keep dirt in, and fill er up. Tada.

Saw plans for that on the nets somewhere, but it's so damned simple it's not worth the effort for me to find the link.

You can also drill holes all up and down the side of the bucket and use it for strawberries, as well as plant things in the top of the bucket.

A good combo is to have a tomato coming out the bottom and basil growing on top

imaguitargod said:
Nope, just your monitor.

Orly?

cleanairgardening_2043_783147

http://www.cleanairgardening.com/upside-down-peppers.html

I recently saw an interesting idea at a local store, it may be applicable here.

They had taken heavy duty weed barrier fabric and sewn it into a cylinder and sewn the ends shut.

Then they cut holes in the top and planted in the holes.

It just might work to hang them...

I recently ordered the Topsy Turvy, and it turns out that there is a glitch
on their website. If they haven't fixed it yet, it would be worth looking into. I ordered the 2 holders, buying 1 n getting 1 free. They thought I
wanted 2 full sets, equaling 4. I noticed the error n called. The gal I talked to said sorry sir can't help you. So I asked to talk to the
supervisor. Long story short, I'm getting the other 2, free.

sorry to burst any bubbles here but you can grow peppers in alot of containers!!

take that sock that your toe pokes out of and put in a pepper seedling and fill it with soil and it will grow.

shayneyasinski said:
sorry to burst any bubbles here but you can grow peppers in alot of containers!!
Thanks for the info, I had no idea I could grow in any container :P What a revelation ;)

Back