Jump to content

  •  

MNXR250R

Member Since 27 Jul 2017
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 12:08 AM

Posts I've Made

In Topic: What is happening to my plant?! (photo inside)

07 February 2018 - 10:46 AM

Hey Bang... just a quick look at the plants and personally I would not be too worried about it. Doesn't look all that bad. Sometimes it just takes a while for the roots get settled... especially in a small cup.  Looks like you've topped it already so it's been growing for a while. Just let it do its thing.

 

Jeff


In Topic: New Lights

28 January 2018 - 11:45 PM

Hey Sizzle.  Based on what you have going, I personally recommend more BLUE in the spectrum. If you could, swap two of those RED LED's with two blue.  I know those things cost a lot but too much RED and you'll have  a "little shop of horrors" on your hands.... kidding !!

 

Blue for vegetative growth and red for flower( that is a generalization of course). That doesn't mean that you can get by with just BLUE's for growth and just RED's for flower.  You should balance the Blues'and Red's. More Blue's than Red's in the growth cycle, then change to more Red's than Blue's during flower and fruit. I ideally you should shop for "full spectrum" LED's and just run those from start to finish.  You can get a full spectrum LED for pretty cheap these days.

 

But if you win the lottery and have more cash to play with.... I'm going to recommend a Light Emitting Ceramic, or LEC.  I have a 315W in a 4x4 tent, and I am amazed at how well the plants do in that light. Plus, it's only 315 watts for it's fairly easy to control the heat.  Heat is a killer !!! (and so are those little Aphid fuc^kers).  Sorry for the implied expletive.

 

Happy Growing !!

 

Jeff

 

 

 

 

 

 


In Topic: New Setup... Hots

25 January 2018 - 09:55 PM

Well it is a Happy New Year,..... isn't it ? 

 

I've been working on the new grow. Same tent, same lights, but a new layout. Instead of trying to grow three plants in the 2.5ft x 2.5ft tent, I've cut it down to one single plant. I ran out of space trying to grow more than one in this size tent.

 

I moved the "maintenance bucket" to the outside of the tent. Make for easier access when changing nutes, and I won't have to open the tent so often.

 

I chose to grow the Jalapeno in this tent. This is the pepper that I eat more than anything else.  I grew some really hot peppers just to say that I "Grew a Ghost" .... but those peppers just don't appeal to me. I can snack on Jalapenos while watching a movie. I can't do that with a Ghost (although I have Ghost Pepper flakes that I add to just about everything except Cheerios).

 

Nothing else has changed from the original setup. I have a 315W LEC light, a nutrient chiller, vent fans, humidifiers, etc.  I did add an Arduino based controller system to turn on/ff heaters, fans and humidifiers though.

 

To start the seeds, I used rock wool. It took 1.5 weeks to see the plant emerge, and another 1.5 weeks for the plant to start growing the true leaves. Damn slow growing even in a constant 80degF and 50% RH tent.

 

Rock wool dries out pretty fast, so to keep it from drying out while I'm away I've added a nutrient pump on a timer to pump nutes from the reservoir up to the plant. I'm using Hydroton clay pellets just as I did in the original setup.

 

Nothing else to add except this..... I will never... ever... ever..... bring a plant from the outside into my grow room. 

 

Happy Growing !!

 

Jeff

 

 

New Tent Setup

Attached File  NewTent.jpg   111.55KB   5 downloads

 

Jalapeno

Attached File  New Jalapeno.jpg   132.19KB   5 downloads


In Topic: Time to start over

19 January 2018 - 07:32 AM

Very nice plants !  Two things that popped into my head while catching up... 

 

One.... why ADD ferts ?  

 

Two.... I had some trouble with flower drop on a hydro Reaper back in November. While I can't say scientifically what cured my problem, I can think of two major adjustments I made in the tent. The temperature inside the tent and the nitrogen in the nutes I was feeding. My plant was growing like crazy and dropping flowers until I made these two changes. Once I made the changes, the plant literally stopped growing upward, and started fruiting. Pollen flying everywhere !!!

 

But it ended up a sad story.  Aphids ended up taking over the grow, and I had to terminate the project.  Today I have a Jalapeno growing in that tent !!

 

Happy Growing

 

Jeff


In Topic: working on my Arduino automatisation

16 January 2018 - 04:21 PM

floricole, very cool idea.  Be like having a garden on a spaceship with nobody aboard. 

 

That ACE editor background color would dive my eyes batty !!  Do like the idea of having multiple files open for edit.  I'm using Atmel Studio, and I just found out that I can "split" the screen so that one file is broken out into two editing pages/panes. VERY cool !!  Don't have to constantly scroll between two parts of the code anymore  :dance:

 

Got my ATMega set up now. Nothing permanent though. Still in test mode.  So far the system has one task, and that is to keep the tent at 80degF. Heater on at night and exhaust fan during lights on. Simple but effective for my germination project. So for three days now the temp inside of the germination dome (which is inside of the tent), has been between 80-80.2 degF.  Me thinks me very happy !

 

Have the DHT11 running too, but I don't have anything written for it yet. Should be a week or so before I get the humidifiers running.

 

Good luck !!

 

Jeff