Jump to content



Member Since 23 Aug 2018
Offline Last Active Oct 09 2018 09:06 AM

Posts I've Made

In Topic: New hot sauce startup considerations

09 October 2018 - 09:08 AM

thanks for the information on this thread, i have enjoyed it. I am a weekend warrior myself. 

In Topic: Facebook business

16 September 2018 - 04:23 PM

Would this work out for some cash ? How about a free will offering or donation for the product ? Would that get you by the not selling laws? That is until you get all the I’s dotted and the T’s crossed [emoji16]
Just wondering?[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes sir thats a great idea..10% of what i make goes to drug addiction ministry anyways...so this might work. thank you

In Topic: Facebook business

14 September 2018 - 01:49 PM

I took it off Facebook. i will get my ducks in a row and get going again thanks for you guys help 

In Topic: Facebook business

14 September 2018 - 05:52 AM

I feel like there are some questions that were not answered - yet.


What are you doing that makes you feel you are going to get finned for illegal work? 


Is this just a blank question out of no where, or do you know something you should not be doing (like avoiding fees)?

I dont feel like nothing is wrong. i was told to take off face book by family because FDA might see and i could get fined. in South Carolina apparently the cottage food laws prohibit me for making sauce in my house. I knew if i come to this forum I would get the real answer..i called an attorney and ask him the does and do nots of what i need to do..1st off i need a kitchen then a business licence i am guessing.

In Topic: Facebook business

13 September 2018 - 07:09 PM


In SC? Illegal.

Only if you get caught.


1. My friends tell me that my barbecue sauce or other bottled product is really good and that I should start selling it to the public. What are the requirements to sell my barbecue sauce or other bottle/jarred product to the public?

The product must be produced in an SCDA approved facility. A home or domestic kitchen is not acceptable. You will need to have the bottled/jarred/canned product analyzed by a processing authority. Most people use Clemson University in our state. Depending on the classification of the product, you may also be required to complete a FDA recognized Better Process Control School . You will also be required to register with the SC Department of Agriculture, have your retail labels reviewed and be inspected on a routine basis.We have a wonderful handout that can help you get started: FOOD ESTABLISHMENT QUICK GUIDE and a more comprehensive guide at SC Consumer and ProtectionDivision - Food Safety Division

that just answered that question..i am done before i got started....