• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest 04-17/18-09 Popper Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to see the money shot? I went Iron Chef on this one... TB I hope you are up to the challenge.

MoneyShot.jpg

Crap, JayT, pastry dough, and artistic plating! Gimme!

wonderful plating technique JayT...and everything looks wonderful...

here is the second round of poppers...standard AJ poppers...bacon wrapped Jalapenos with crab/shrimp/mexican four cheese stuffing...ready for the grill...

041709d001.jpg

:woohoo: Go, Impy, Go!
woohoo.gif
(Where is she?)

Oh yeah I forgot this one...

Letthedrinkingbegin.jpg

If AJ is going to give me a tutorial I am going to be drunk by the end...:lol:

That is all for my photos this evening folks. Vote JayT!!!

second round complete and ready for eating...note I said eating and not tasting...my boy and his girlfriend are having a great time...

041709e001.jpg

round three pics coming...my own creation for originality AND taste...

Damn it! I didn't know there were supposed to be THREE!!! So how are the judges supposed to be instructed? Should they pick the best popper of all or an overall of each competitor? Maybe we could have two polls?

I forgot the most important ingredient in the Blues Kitchen. A little Muddy Waters mood music. I'm back on track now ya'll.
Damn if AJ ain't got that train a'rollin'!

Cheers, TB.

you right about Muddy Waters TB...JayT...I didn't even know we had judges...have I been that drunk over the past three days?... :lol:

round three poppers under way...

this round will be a thai orange stuffed inside a serrano, stuffed inside an orange habanero, stuffed inside a jalapeno, stuffed inside a poblano...
the ultimate stuffed pepper...spices and "secret ingredients shown in pic"...if you want heat, here it is...

041709f001.jpg

I gotta see this! Can he pull it off??? As for the judges we are going to have a poll thread to decide the victor. I have been giving this thought and we should each pick out best entry and that will be judged by the masses for the Ultimate Popper Overlord I. All the contestants entered by Sunday Noon EST shall be entered and must post a pic in the poll thread (unless someone else can do that deed) and the judging will commence. Just my idea. Anyone else have a thought on any better way?

Shite! AJ has gone turducken popper... Must return to the drawing board form my secret weapon.

Tomorrow will be a challenge, but much tequila I have, and many beers to be consumed.

stuffed....

041709g001.jpg

will do three other ones like this then wrap in bacon and put on grill on medium heat for a while....slow cooked grilled poppers....

JayT...your idea for poll judging is fine with me...

AlabamaJack said:
stuffed....

041709g001.jpg

will do three other ones like this then wrap in bacon and put on grill on medium heat for a while....slow cooked grilled poppers....

JayT...your idea for poll judging is fine with me...

OH... My.... GOD!!! It's the leaning tower of popper!!!!

Truly magnificent AJ.... What a contenda!

I wanna hear what's in the bowl. Looks magnificent. Looking forward to see what Jedi-Master TB is bringing to the party as well. This is fun.

JayT said:
I wanna hear what's in the bowl. Looks magnificent. Looking forward to see what Jedi-Master TB is bringing to the party as well. This is fun.

I'm seein cheese + crabmeat + habs? Gotta be other goodies in there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back