• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest 04-17/18-09 Popper Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow..that's Kickazz AJ!

But, I have something for ya...

Popper Pockets™ !!!

Ok, here goes..mixed the cheeses w/ the now shredded curry chicken, and added a dollop of my homemade Asian Red Sauce.

S6302677.JPG

Yes, that's the knife I use to 'cut' the chicken with....

Stuffed the peppers as much as humanly possible, then wrapped in dough..sprinkled with seasoning salt and cayenne powder.

S6302678.JPG

All rolled up now, with just a bit of egg wash & Kosher salt..

S6302679.JPG

Wait for it...... :D

texas blues said:
Cut 'peno's in half length wise. Deseed and stuff with sharp cheddar. Put in freezer 1 hour. Remove from freezer and wrap tightly with bacon. Place in castiron and into oven at 425f.
Remove from oven when done. Eat.

Cheers, TB.

Thx TB,

Appreciate it, will try it next weekend. Will post some pics.

Thx!!!

Oh, I figured it needed a 'lil sumthin-sumthin....

MOAR CHEESE!!

S6302686.JPG

And a bit of habanaro chile powder for the hell of it. :twisted:

I'm gonan munch my brains out now, TC all...

-QS

*EDIT*

ZOMG!..these are %$#@#'n good..and verrry hot & spicy...wow...
Perhaps the best damn snack I've ever made.....

S6302687.JPG

w00000t!

great looking snacks/poppers Quad....

I have about another hour to go on the ribs I have been smoking for the past 4 1/2 hours...will post in another thread...

Pepper pockets. Wow that is cool. Quad how much cheese do you think you eat in a week. Bet it's A LOT. AJ nice very nice. Love the ham poppers. I am NOT cooking poppers today, but just about everything else - in my smoker. I'll post pics on another thread.

thehotpepper.com said:

I think we all won. Or probly the liquor stores in our respective counties of residence. :lol:

But I think we were gonna have a mod put together a poll thread?

Not sure. It might be fun, just to set a framework for future throwdowns, but hell, I think just seeing everyone get together on something and make drunken pepper snacks happen, just seeing all that creativity and booze rolled up into one thread, was worth the price of admission.

great job everyone, and I'm sure a great time was had by all:onfire:

I could care less who "won". We all did. Not just those of us who made poppers but everyone who opens that thread and sees all the wonderful ideas that were created.

Can you imagine where this popper thing is going? I mean hell, after one throwdown, I feel like the popper has been taken places it may never have gone before.

Who will be the first to make the dessert popper? Iron chef style-E! Nothin like it when someone tries to make trout ice cream. However... Flash fried Habs stuffed with mango sorbet... Oh S(*#T! Might make those tonight!

FiveStar said:
I think we all won. Or probly the liquor stores in our respective counties of residence. :lol:

But I think we were gonna have a mod put together a poll thread?

I think just seeing everyone get together on something and make drunken pepper snacks happen, just seeing all that creativity and booze rolled up into one thread, was worth the price of admission.

great job everyone, and I'm sure a great time was had by all:onfire:

JayT said:
I could care less who "won". We all did. Not just those of us who made poppers but everyone who opens that thread and sees all the wonderful ideas that were created.

Agreed. Was great fun and much boozing. :D

I still wanan see Passow make a Zero Bhut Popper...(_hot_)

surprised-038.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back