• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

1.serious season -trial&error - or maybe Hit&run!

Well only early spring here, but already getting out- and overgrown,lots of plants are now kicked out into the green house, space is narrowing there as well - might have to build a 'first floor' on it

DSCN0393.jpg

The Rocotos are growing and budding like crazy - almost 50 cm and now 'running off' horizontally :eek:

DSCN0392.jpg

Some Chinenses enjoying the evening sun - love the growth of these plants :rolleyes:

DSCN0389.jpg

my first year growing the rocotos.. ( me thinks they are Manzano red, we'll find out in a few months).. they look great!

Thanks Brian!
And I was green with envy, when I saw your new garden beds, so thought I might try and dig some myself...hours of hard work and finally got a nice little, not so 'raised' but.. ehhmmm KIND of round bed :D
DSCN0394.jpg

WOW your plants are in excellent condition Jette :onfire: what are you feeding them...steroids?

Thank you Grant!

I really don't feed them much. I 'Fish Fertilized' them once, but found out that's NOT recommendable for indoor use, whole house smelled like a Sushi bar gone bad :D
Got a recipe from HawaiiAl, so now I am brewing some seaweed soup, to use when the plats moves OUTSIDE :cool:

An Aussie and a Dane.. WOW.. look out.. keep the pics.. you want.. to ummm.. and i agree more of the Peppa! Tillykke! and Cheers!.. [font="'Microsoft Sans Serif"](hope i got that right.. i have swedish freinds and asked.. but i know ther is a dif)[/font]
icon_lol.gif

Thanks Chillihead_benny :)

Almost right, instead of cheers, we say 'skål', but since Danes are the only ones who actually can pronounce 'skål', Cheers will do just fine :)

Jette I would like to ask a favor of you to please save the seeds from one healthy Rocoto and send them to me. will glad to pay postage and any charges. your plants look very good and healthy. Alex

Finished some more repotting today, was about time they got more space!

DSCN0400-1.jpg

Now they are in 4, 5 & 7½ L pots - wonder for how long!

DSCN0401-1.jpg

First flowers:) This was supposed to be a 'Black Pearl', but I doubt that :( The stems and veins are kind of purple, flowers white with purple tips, but leaves all green - will see what it is, when pods shows.

DSCN0005.jpg

:cool: And in the witch's basement a couple of brews going on....

This is a really bad looking, slimy soup of seaweed&molasses - it smells surprisingly nice though :lol:

DSCN0006.jpg

And here is a little sticky rice dish, formed by Indigenous microorganisms on colorfull mold covered rice and crude sugar -smells good too :D
DSCN0007.jpg

:cool: And in the witch's basement a couple of brews going on....

This is a really bad looking, slimy soup of seaweed&molasses - it smells surprisingly nice though :lol:

DSCN0006.jpg

And here is a little sticky rice dish, formed by Indigenous microorganisms on colorfull mold covered rice and crude sugar -smells good too :D
DSCN0007.jpg

Curious what the purpose of those is??

Curious what the purpose of those is??

It's 'not easy'/'completely impossible', to get seaweed fertilizer where I am located. So since I live by the sea, thought it could be fun trying to make my own - got a pretty simple recipe from HawaiiAl - And that's the result: Fermented seaweed fertilizer :)

The ugly rice, is for soil and compost improvement - can be used as fertilizer as well, when Goog'ling IMO there are lots of information to be found:
IMO

My how to make a concotion of IMO

Was pretty funny as well - my daugther was very fascinated by the rice-process, looked at it several times, poured the sugar in and we already got a new brewing project started :)

Back