18 Quarts of potatoes

After last night's final canning, I preserved a total of 18 quarts of spuds for use in the next few months. That's not bad - three quarts a month.

Still have about 20 pounds of taters left to either bake or use as French Fries.

I gotta find more jars for next year!

Mike

sounds like you had a good potato harvest Mike...I never got mine in the ground...had so many chili plants I didn't have room for the taters...

you definitely will have your starch during the winter...

well done Mr. wordwiz.

Unfortunately my spud crop is becoming the victim of recent weather - too much water has spuds, chillis & toms rotting in the ground.

i miss the drought already

ohhhh - i know it hurts :P -but then my vodka has gotten a lot better since the last sample you tried.

will have to get a batch down for the great southern xmas tour - may need it to start the bbq with & spare fuel for the long journey :D

4200949108-lebanon-farmer-grows-super-sized-spud.jpg

This guy's not impressed.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20081206/twl-lebanon-farmer-grows-super-sized-spu-3cd7efd.html

Lol, friggin 25 lb potato. Current record is like a 7lb'er according to guiness.

Txclosetgrower said:
4200949108-lebanon-farmer-grows-super-sized-spud.jpg

This guy's not impressed.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20081206/twl-lebanon-farmer-grows-super-sized-spu-3cd7efd.html

Lol, friggin 25 lb potato. Current record is like a 7lb'er according to guiness.

I posted this in a different thread. One has to wonder if he did anything special? He claims he didn't, but still... if you have raised potatoes you normally dig them using a pitchfork, shovel or a plow. That thing shows no signs of being damaged by any of them, yet it would have taken up at least 16" in space.

But one thing is for sure - it would produce one huge batch of French Fries, though one might have to use a bandsaw to slice it up.

Mike

25 pounds of hash browns..........doing the Homey drool!:)

wordwiz, there are a couple of spade marks right in the front of this monster, the two dark lines toward the top.

I does seem to have a couple of nicks om the right side, and we don't know how it looks like on the side that is away from the camera or the way HE gets his potatoes out of the dirt;)

Back