• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics 2 of my plants, whats wrong with one of them (pics)

First off here is my Trinidad Scorpion. Does it look ok? In the second pic do the leaves look normal where they are kind of rolled a little?

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Secondly here is a Sweet Banana Pepper that no matter what I do this is what it looks like. Why??

Picture003.jpg

My leaves roll up like that too sometimes. Is it getting enough water?

As far as the banana pepper, I have no idea. Are you using any fertilizers or anything?

There was a thread started several weeks ago that talked about the leaf curl and no one has been able to figure it out...it seems it is not effecting the productivity of the plants and I have bought pH meters, soil test kits, moisture meters, etc. to try and figure it out...only thing I found was my pH was a little high and my nutrients were a little low...moisture was dead nuts in the middle, not dry and not wet...I just figured if the plants were going to die, they would...nothing I could do or figure out what was wrong...

As far as your banana pepper goes, I had an Aji Amarillo that did the same thing as yours...total wilt and it is in intensive care but is slowly dying...no clue as to the cause...

Hmm thx for the ideas. I guess we will give it anothyer week and axe it and start over. It started off with black spots on the peppers and the stalk of the plant then just died off like this.

As far as my Scorpion plant is it ok looking?? Thats "my" baby and want to be sure she is healthy.

Necrocannibal said:
First off here is my Trinidad Scorpion. Does it look ok? In the second pic do the leaves look normal where they are kind of rolled a little?

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Secondly here is a Sweet Banana Pepper that no matter what I do this is what it looks like. Why??

Picture003.jpg

To much fertilizer or not enough water.:P

hey nec ,,,boy that looks similar to a few of mine.Everyone here can correct me but the plants that were fine then I neemed them..They are all getting better but they didn`t like the neem and the 95 + heat.Hang in there it`ll get better.Tell junior the gang says to get with it . LOL RICH

The banana pepper looks realllllly dried out Look at its bottom leaves and up theres no moisture Its my opinion only , since this heat wave is hitting in the hundreds during the day I have to water every other day now. Now your scorp looks great the leaf thingy mybob is same as mine did until they got bigger then they straighten right out. I would emerge the banna in water and see what it looks like in AM also might place it where it can get alittle shade during the day Just my ideas

AlabamaJack said:
Neither in my case 915

I had curly leafs on mine also never see wird looking long tiny leafs finnaly they come back normal this is the year of full of all kind suprices.

My scorpion is doing the EXACT same thing!! Also, I have a cayenne plant that looks like your banana pepper. I don't overwater and I only feed my plants what I'm supposed to do every couple weeks. Friday my Cayenne looked beautiful, perky, alot of buds and new flowers. Two days later, the soil was still damp(It rained.) and it's wilted just like that. It ticks me off and I can't figure it out. Luckily I have another cayenne almost hardened off and I'm growing all year. My Naga's getting the curly leaves as well, but looks really healthy besides that. If others are having the same problem I won't worry about it. However, that sudden severe wilt has me a little worried. I don't have the foggiest idea what it is.

Them little black gnats will do a number on a plant. The results look like your banana pepper. Make sure there are no bugs.

Ive debugged them a few times so I dont know if its that or not. The Banana Pepper plant gets plenty of water, when I took that pic actually the soil was still wet. I dont think the roots are pulling in moisture.

Necrocannibal said:
Ive debugged them a few times so I dont know if its that or not. The Banana Pepper plant gets plenty of water, when I took that pic actually the soil was still wet. I dont think the roots are pulling in moisture.

Same here with mine. I'm wondering if it's actually got some type of fungal wilt disease on my plant. That's the only thing I can really think of that would effect a plant with water. I applied a fungicide. I don't know if it works for that, but I figured it was worth a try.

Back