• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2009 pepper season on the cheap

Well last night was 'challenging'. I've been getting some germination on my group planted bells, etc over the last few days and now I have some loops and at least 1 sprout in the transplants. So last night I peeked at the germination tray before putting it to bed and there were a bunch of new ones since that morning. It was D-Day for the bells.
After the place cooled off, the furnace tried to kick on and we were out of propane! Now normally this isn't that bad - just grab a sleeping bag for some extra warmth - but I had BABIES to take care of. So....
Grabbed one of the small light boxes I'm not using right now, started the generator, brewed a pot of hot water in out tiny coffee maker, set everything inside the box and covered it with a sweat shirt. And it worked! It was still 60F in there when I woke up ... and brewed some more water.

Here's the nursery pic. These had cotton pads underneath and paper towel on top. Roots are generally NOT digging into the cotton so I have high hopes for their viability. :)

S6307373.jpg

c.

love it Carol...

I saw where the weather was kinda chilly down there this morning...it was 41 here but already warmed up to 57 now...supposed to be a nice day...up to I think 74 or so...we are in the "see-saws" of warm/cold and I swear spring is absolutely on me...got a cold couple of days (33-31) coming up the next two days then the temps get up to 80 in the day and 50 at night...

Back