• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2010 season Vincent

Last week I started my new season. On December 15 I planted the following seeds. Only chinense, in februari I will sow some paprika and sweet peppers. The plan is to keep one of each.

7 POD 4x
7 POD Barrackpore 4x
7 POD Brain Strain 4x
7 POD Brown 2x
7 POD Douglah Brown 3x
7 POD Jonah 4x
7 POD Primo Strain 2x
7 POD SR Strain 4x
7 POD Yellow 4x
Trinidad Scorpion Red 4x
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow 3x
Trinidad Scorpion Morouga Red 4x
Bih Jolokia Improved Strain I 4x
Bih Jolokia Improved Strain II 4x
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate 4x
Bonda Ma Jacques 4x
Devils Tongue 4x
Devils Tongue Red 4x
Ecuadorian Devils Breath 4x
Habanero Black 4x
Habanero Black Stinger 4x
Habanero Green 4x
Habanero Harald St. Barts 4x
Habanero Peach 4x

Now a week later the first ones are showing themselves :)

season2010.jpg

The score so far:
7 POD Barrackpore 2x
7 POD Brain Strain 1x
7 POD Brown 1x
7 POD Douglah Brown 1x
7 POD Jonah 1x
7 POD Primo Strain 1x
7 POD SR Strain 3x
Trinidad Scorpion Red 1x
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow 2x
Bih Jolokia Improved Strain I 1x
Bonda Ma Jacques 1x
Devils Tongue 3x
Devils Tongue Red 3x
Ecuadorian Devils Breath 4x
Habanero Black 4x
Habanero Black Stinger 2x
Habanero Green 3x

I repotted the seedlings today, roots were growing out of the bottom of the sowing tray.
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate and Habanero Harald st. Barts didn't germinate at all but with the others germination is 92%

9janpot.jpg

Happy looking seedlings Vincent, I still haven't started the first seed yet this year. Going to wait till at least Feb. 1st here. Plants always looks so good in their new homes after transplant, good luck with the Brain Strain.

Jealous right now awesome list and great germination rate! How long were they in the original cells after they sprouted before you potted up? What kind of lights do you have them under if you don't mind me asking?

Seedlings looking great Vincent. Still another week before I start mine. 92 % is great, a shame the Harold's St Bart and Chocolate Bhuts didn't come up though.

jacob

Ballzworth said:
very successful start. can't argue with 92% germination. Do you cut any of the initial leaves off at all?

thanks. No I keep the seedlings intact

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Happy looking seedlings Vincent, I still haven't started the first seed yet this year. Going to wait till at least Feb. 1st here. Plants always looks so good in their new homes after transplant, good luck with the Brain Strain.

thanks. I hope all 7 pod varieties do great but brain strain is the one I'm looking forward to the most

Noshownate said:
Jealous right now awesome list and great germination rate! How long were they in the original cells after they sprouted before you potted up? What kind of lights do you have them under if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks. They were in the cells for 17 days after sprouting. At the moment I'm using T5 fluorescent lights. I have 4 above the plants. Each light is 6500K and 1660 lumen (blue). I also have red lights 2100K.

lights1.jpg

lights2.jpg

jjs7741 said:
Seedlings looking great Vincent. Still another week before I start mine. 92 % is great, a shame the Harold's St Bart and Chocolate Bhuts didn't come up though.

jacob

Thanks. From both I have seeds from 2 more sources so I'm thinking about trying them again

Those seedlings are looking great! I too am jealous since i haven't started my seeds yet. Like all young, they look like innocent little plants. They will soon grow up and have a fierce bite. :lol:

time for a small update

7 POD Barrackpore
7pbar-01.jpg

7 POD Brain Strain
7pbs-01.jpg

7 POD Primo Strain
7pps-01.jpg

Bih Jolokia Improved Strain II
bjis2-01.jpg

Looking great Vincent.

I'm going to follow your thread pretty closely, really interested in seeing all those different 7 Pods grow. Best of luck to you.

Back