event 2012 Jungle Jim's Weekend of Fire

Yep we were there from 71 till Feb 74 when we moved to Beaver Creek. I think just about everyone that lives or has lived in Ohio knows about what happened in April of that year in Xenia.

Don't worry geeme, I'll be there some time Saturday.
No worries. But think about it - how will you know who I am, and how will I know who you are, if all either of us does is show up? I'm sure not going to stop everyone in the crowd and ask if they're a member of THP. That's all I'm getting at. It would be nice if we had some way to identify each other and/or planned a THP get-together, same as others have planned in advance of other pepper festivals. I'm willing to create some kind of identifier we can wear on our shirts (like they did at the PNW get-together, for example) if that's the route that is best for everyone going. But again, I need to know who wants one.

Confused about why this is a difficult concept.....

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Confused about why this is a difficult concept..... [/background]

We probably need a new thread in a more frequented forum than this one to get more of the members to know about the event.

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Each THP person wear a purple Tyvek suit and carry a dozen bananas in your right hand. That should do it. [/background] :P[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background]

Um, no.

Well, this is the place for this kind of thread, but I think I'll post a status update and see if more people notice it.

I'm still planning on being there Saturday afternoon for sure. Can't do Sunday due to another event going on.

Each THP person wear a purple Tyvek suit and carry a dozen bananas in your right hand. That should do it. :P
Yep that would do it! We'd have a whole damn room full of Grape Ape look a-likes. Count me outta that... I'm wearing my yellow one

Well I'm not going, but as of an hour ago 6 cases of Lucky Dog Hot Sauce are! :woohoo:

Have fun Geeme - I will try to work it out so I can make it to this next year - looking at the site, it looks like an awesome event. :cheers:

Each THP person wear a purple Tyvek suit and carry a dozen bananas in your right hand. That should do it. :P

best idea, ever.

Ok, WoF is THIS weekend. If you'd like to try to have a little THP get-together, please PM me your contact info!

Werll, my plans changed due to family obligations so I won't get there until Sunday. If anyone will be around on Sunday, let me know.

Sorry to hear that - I have to drive back Sunday morning. Hope you have fun while you're there, though!

Sorry to hear that - I have to drive back Sunday morning. Hope you have fun while you're there, though!

look for LDHS there geeme! I still get giddy hearing about people seeing it in other places. If you could take a pic of it at the event I'd owe ya a solid! I really want a good pic like that for my FB wall - it doesn't matter if it's interspersed with a bunch of other sauces - heck, I'd prefer it. :cheers:

Oy - I'll bring my camera and will take pics, but my camera's pretty famous for taking stupid-dark pics inside. And yeah, most of this is inside. But I guarantee I'll take a couple - pray they turn out!

Say - do you know where they'll be displaying your sauces? Could be in the main store or the event center. Did they give you a map or anything?

Say - do you know where they'll be displaying your sauces? Could be in the main store or the event center. Did they give you a map or anything?

Honestly no clue. They almost didn't get 'em - my distributor sort of forgot to get the package out.

Sometimes I swear I think they're :high:

Anyway, they went out FedEx to arrive today, so they'll be there in time. That part I know. No idea about display location though.

I do think Event Center is likely since they said they wanted 'em for the event?

Well, I'm in Oxford now, and will be heading over there around noon. I'll be going into the main store, too, so I'll be looking in both places. Heh, the main store is kind of its own "show" even on a non-event day, so it's possible they'll be in either or even both places.

Glad to hear the package went out - it would be a bummer for them not to get there. But they did, so I have an extra-special something to look forward to!

LOL!

Well, we were there, and are back at my daughter's now. Glad to see some of the "regulars", but sad to say I couldn't find any LDHS! We went down to the store, and they had some good-sized displays up front and also little demo booths scattered around the store, in addition to their regular hot sauce section. Nary a bottle of LDHS that I could find, and I had both of my kids on the lookout for it, too. Very disappointed in that aspect, but maybe they are going to have it out tomorrow.

That aside, it was a fairly good festival. I was glad to see some of the peeps I've met before and also got to meet a couple in person for the first time. And of course, restock my pantry with sauces!

Back