event 2012 Jungle Jim's Weekend of Fire

Myself and my best friend Jerry (my local fellow pepper enthusiast/junkie) will be there sunday from around noon till? ???? I'll be the big tall bald guy sweatin' his ass off insisting i really do love it! Just yell "bryant" or "bk" or "brutaldiver" if u think it's me! I'm 6'05" & he's 5'06" !!!! Lol

LOL! Are you SURE you weren't there yesterday, too? There was a guy in the brownie eating contest with tears streaming down his face - Heartbreaking Dawn's made quite an impression on him!

That was a great time on Sunday. Lots and lots of hot sauces and everything from Mild to crazy hot was there. I tried most of the Bhut and T Scorpion sauces they had as well as a lot of milder sauces...all the way down to the beer cheese, that was too good to pass up and a favorite of my 10 year old daughter who hates hot food.

My 12 year old was a trooper and tried everything I did and did it in stride. He asked every vendor for the hottest they had and passed up the jap and hab hot sauces for the more exotic; and while most vendors were surprised and a couple asked for my permission, my son happily burned his mouth off. That was until we found one guy who only said his hottest was a blend of 7 of the hottest peppers and wouldn't say what they were... That was the hottest damn thing in the place and we had to race to get some milk for my son. I thought it was hot as hell myself, but didn't like the taste of it much. Too much like Chocolate habs which I am not a fan of.

Another good year of hot sauce conventions.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, too, and sorry to have missed you. It would have been fun to see the little one going for the heat!

Um. Well. I did bring the camera. And I WAS on the look-out for LDHS's sauces so I could take a pic of them in-situ. But we never found LDHS's sauces, and the camera somehow ended up in my daughter's bag the whole time..... BAH! But to be honest, the interior really was too dark for my camera - all you would have seen were shadowy rectangles with a few lighter spots here and there where lights reflected off someone's glass o' beer or a bottle of sauce. Maybe this time next year I'll have a better camera in hand....

And I WAS on the look-out for LDHS's sauces

I agree. I was on teh look-out as well and there were no LDHS's at the show. They may have had them in the store (I didn't get down there), but not at the show.

I did go down to the store on Saturday, and did not find them. However, they had special displays and demo booths of sauces to promote the show, spread throughout the store. It is possible LDHS's sauces were on one of these displays, and I just didn't happen to find it - the place is pretty big and not set up like a standard grid.

THAT would be great!

I know they received 'em. I dunno why they wouldn't have been find-able.
Well, this map doesn't do the place justice, but it might give you an idea of what you're up against in the main store. It's huge, not a big rectangle like most grocery stores, and you can totally think you're going back the way you came but find yourself in the midst of products you hadn't seen before. I found two display stands near the checkouts, and some demo/sample booths at various spots around the store, not even near the hot sauce section. You can be in that store an hour and not see everything. So as I said, it could be they had it at a demo booth, and I just didn't come across it. Wish I had!

Back