event 2012 Northwest Chilefest- official thread

I can't believe how many times I can watch these
videos and look at the pics without getting bored!

What a great time that was!

It was so cool meeting and making new friends.
NWPack rocks, for sure!

did anyone else notice that Brandon switched hands on the last couple kernels and was using the hand without a glove- :eek:

another good vidoe, Dave, nice editing, and more of the after effects.

I know Martin took a lot of good photos too.There were so many he said he would start a photo site to post them.
Not sure when he was heading back to Cali, so it might be awhile

Missy and I DID notice that SL!

And we told his wife, right away, "Do NOT let him touch you!!!!!" :rofl:

An ounce of prevention.....beats a pound of cure in this case!!!!! :D

Martin's working on getting me a link to the "photo dump" (?? is that the right word???) I wasn't sure exactly what he was talking about, but I guess I'll figure it out or get some help~~ He said he's really busy and doesn't have time to post them all here, but I'll be able to post once I have the link. He's back in Cali, went home Monday, sounds like he had a great time. I hope he can make it again next year.

CJ and Missy, at least you guys saw it as it was happening!!! Nice catch, and I'm sure Brandon's Lovely thanks you also! :rofl:

Finally able to get on this and see what's been going on.

First I gotta thank SL for setting this whole thing up, good times was had and can't wait for next year!

SD and CJ, thanks for you've done for me these past couple months and am glad I was able to make it this year. And thanks fvor the poder SD, and of course for all pics for the TD they look awesome!

BigC, I'm glad you made it down, and with those awesome chips! Next year we'll have to see how much further we can go on the PE challenge. I'm thinking we could have emptied the bag :hell: :twisted:

Jarrett, thanks for awesome time and putting me in your review. I hope you get tons of hits on those videos and you florish in your reviews.it was awesome to meet you and hope to get together again.

PaulG, I still can't get over you doing the cchallenge with us and you made it way farther than even you anticipated. Good job in that and the success of your plants. I'll have to head back down there sometime and check out what you've done in person.

MegaHot, the 7pot you gave me was pretty tasty, next year after over wintering them you will notice a huge change in the production of the plants and the pods themselves. Glad you made you it out.

Megaspokane,it was great meeting you hopefully next year you'll make it out again. Thanks for cheering me on in the pizza TD.

NMorris,I hope we made your move to WA well worth it and hope next year you'll be able join in again. The beer was awesome and enjoyed hanging out with you.

Onefowl, it was to see you, glad you could come out.

There's ton more people that were there, but sadly I am still working. I do make to give BIG thanks to everyone that watched my TD entry. It was amazing how you all pilled in SD and CJs campsite just to watch the show. And to think you all actually enjoyed the pizza is just awesome. CIPE!!!
THANKS AGAIN TO ALL

AARON

did anyone else notice that Brandon switched hands on the last couple kernels and was using the hand without a glove- :eek:

another good vidoe, Dave, nice editing, and more of the after effects.
Missy and I DID notice that SL!

And we told his wife, right away, "Do NOT let him touch you!!!!!" :rofl:

An ounce of prevention.....beats a pound of cure in this case!!!!! :D

:lol:

Thanks for looking out for me and my Wife especially.

Believe it or not I actually realized I used the wrong hand... After I used the wrong hand. lol

At that point in the challenge I really wasn't thinking straight, I was more worried about putting myself in my happy place than I was of what hand I was using to grab the popcorn lol.

To be honest, I deseed superhots with my bare hands so I didn't really think twice about it, I felt weird putting on a glove at the beginning lol. I wash my hands afterwards a good 3X and that gets rid of the heat, its worked for me so far anyway. I'll have you guys know I washed my hands plenty of times before I touched anyone or anything in my household lol. My Wife and I have yet to have "one of those experiences" I'm pretty positive that she wouldn't let me grow plants in our closet, garage, and take over the backyard if otherwise. So I intend to keep it that way :D

I'll be honest, I've f***ed up once with this hobby and I won't ever do it again... One night I de-seeded a good 40 TS BT's from Pepperguru, I had a huge beer buzz while doing so, went to the bathroom w/o thinking about washing my hands... Needless to say I felt like I dipped my man-hood in a deep fryer. That entire night, I was leaning forward when I walked so my pjs wouldn't touch that area..

I will never make that mistake again.

Never.

Ever.

EVER.

Again.

You Rock Big Cedar!!!! :D

We figured you knew the ropes (and rules)!!!! hahaha

Later that afternoon, poor little Jade found a leftover piece of that evil popcorn.....Oh, the agony!!!!! We all felt so badly for her, doing the best we could to ease the pain. But I'll tell ya, after the initial shock of pain, that sweetheart handled it like a true champion! Rode it out like a star bronco buster, she did! And when she started giggling - Jenn & I knew the endorphins had kicked in and she was home free!!!!!!!!!! Not sure if she'll ever trust popcorn again tho! hahaha

I'll be honest, I've f***ed up once with this hobby and I won't ever do it again... One night I de-seeded a good 40 TS BT's from Pepperguru, I had a huge beer buzz while doing so, went to the bathroom w/o thinking about washing my hands... Needless to say I felt like I dipped my man-hood in a deep fryer. That entire night, I was leaning forward when I walked so my pjs wouldn't touch that area..

I will never make that mistake again.

BigCedar, I've heard of a lot of guys who've made that mistake...................once!................

:lol:

I felt so bad about Jade getting into the spicy stuff. I didn't realize there were some scraps still on the plate with PE on them. I'll never let THAT happen again!!!!

None of us will!!!! :)

We convinced her that it was her bravery that encouraged Anthony to give it a try tho!
That's what got her to gigglin'!!!!! :lol:

I don't think I can handle watching Anthony eat that pe again after what happened 2 nights ago.. He was crying and cussing at pizza hut like they were the ones that threw the pe in it.. Pe makes him act crazy, just saying!

I'm not dead guys, I just have not been able to make it on the computer. Sunday was a long day and night exploring Seattle and work has been consuming.

I do however want to take a minute to thank EVERYONE that was there for all the hospitality. It really made me feel welcome to my new home here in WA. Next years fest cannot come soon enough!!! At least a few of us are going to have to get together well before then.

Jerret, thank you for inviting me into your campsite. You and your family are awesome!!!

Great food, great peppers, great beer, great atmosphere, great weather, and most important... GREAT PEOPLE!!! AWESOME trip.

It was pretty awkward when we all piled in nmorris' minivan and rolled into the nearest church Sunday morning looking for ice.

HEY... its a MAN-E-VAN!!!!!! lol

Is it taking anyone else as long as me to get unpacked?!?!?!

:rofl:

I am still not unpacked. Maybe tomorrow.

After watching the videos and seeing the photos, I think my wife and I will be trying to make it out for NWCF next year. We will already be planning a trip to the PNW around this time next year anyways. Might as well get the most out of our vacation as possible, right?

Back