• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2016 - JoeFish Arkansas Grown

I have wanted a garden for awhile now. So Sept. 2013 I picked out a spot and started working on my spot.  All the rest is history.

My grow list... Since I was skeptical about starting seeds I ordered plants.  Hopefully I will start everything myself next year.

A Picture of my Garden spot.  It is about 21' x 27'
1zv9186.jpg

And my soil test....
http://postimg.org/image/n09oi22fn/

ArkansasJack said:
Never been duck hunting............ Bass fishing and gardening and of course work........
Copy that. I like getting after them. We go to Mack's every year in September or October.

Got some more pics to show everyone! Maybe not exciting to some but defiantly is to me! New seedlings!
Anyone know the easiest way to post/host pictures?
^^^^^
Guess I should say, from an iPad.

Here is an update on my first ever seed starts!  How should I pick these?  I only want to keep about 10 and I think I have 22...

All these were planted 1/18/2014
I am about to pot up into solo cups and compost/potting soil (I guess).  Any advice would help.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/116189881@N02/with/12270304435/

I cannot figure out how to post pictures directly on THP it keeps telling me that the image extension isn't allowed in this community.  I have used tinyimg before and it worked fine... I guess I will have to use that but it is very slow.

1zbs9pt.jpg

nl3d4i.jpg

I think I have 21 plants up.  This was just to see if I could get them up.  I ordered a box of peppers from bakers and here are the results.  I will give most of these away and plant some other varieties that beerbreath81 sent to me!!!

Im not the best photographer but I will try and get some better pics in the future.

Here is my setup.  I will be adding another light soon and adding some aluminum foil also.

1z5mdqw.jpg

Planted 6 new pepper varieties and 1 new tomato varieties.  Thanks beerbreath81!

Unknown - Bakers Peppers
Datil Yellow
Rooster Spur
Golden Pepperocinni Greek
Fatalii Yellow
Aji Limo
2/5/14 - Peter Pepper Red
Also since I am super hi-tech I just used my little girls finger nail polishes to color code them...

11775ag.jpg

Also forgot to tell yall that I have 2 seedlings with 3 cotyledon.  Can anyone that has grew them out tell me if there is any real difference in the end result?

Awesome in ground garden spot! Digging that tumbler too.

Looks like a pretty sweet germination station as well... especially for someone who was skeptical about starting seeds! Its fun, and addicting! Good on ya BeerBreath for pushing him into the deep-end!

Best of luck with your season!

Nick08* said:
Awesome in ground garden spot! Digging that tumbler too.

Looks like a pretty sweet germination station as well... especially for someone who was skeptical about starting seeds! Its fun, and addicting! Good on ya BeerBreath for pushing him into the deep-end!

Best of luck with your season!

Yeah I am in the deep end now, I think...  So fun!
I have 2 seedlings with 3 cotyledon.  Can anyone that has grew them out tell me if there is any real difference in the end result?

JoeFish said:

Yeah I am in the deep end now, I think...  So fun!

I have 2 seedlings with 3 cotyledon.  Can anyone that has grew them out tell me if there is any real difference in the end result?
No difference with three leaved cotyledons. Had my first four leaved this year. They might be able to make more energy for true leaves, but never noticed anything special.
Nice set up for just throwing something together!

Thanks! Guess I'm going to need more lights, don't know of I should add more like I have or get some long tube fixtures.

Back