seed-train 2023-2024 Mega seed train!

The PO clerk said the 'Ground Advantage' would get there just as fast as a MFRB, but the extra day they took makes me wonder. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm glad it made it!
I work nights and it just came in, so I will start going through it tomorrow and have it back out on Monday. my wife said the box looked good and that there was no damage to it... I'm super excited to go through it.... I cant wait to see whats all in there.

I work nights and it just came in, so I will start going through it tomorrow and have it back out on Monday. my wife said the box looked good and that there was no damage to it... I'm super excited to go through it.... I cant wait to see whats all in there.
Sweet! Should get it Wednesday/Thursday!

off-work.gif

@Jeffcontonio Hey Jeff, since there's interest from some for another visit, perhaps we should have the train do another lap, stopping for those who are interested. So, I guess I'm saying after Dan (@RedtailForester) gets done with it, start with Ben (@bpiela) again, and if he's interested, send the train back to him. Otherwise, move down the list. That way, early riders can see if anything of interest was added by later riders, if that makes sense. Just a thought. I wouldn't mind taking another ride. Anybody else, besides those who have already raised their hand, interested in another ride?

Just to be clear, I suggest the second roundtrip starts at the top of the list. @RedtailForester currently has it, and he's the last stop from the first round. So, he would send it to @bpiela. After all, with Ben being the first rider, he hasn't seen ANY of the 2023 contributions yet. Plus, he's the closest geographically right now.

Just my opinion. Carry on.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, I suggest the second roundtrip starts at the top of the list. @RedtailForester currently has it, and he's the last stop from the first round. So, he would send it to @bpiela. After all, with Ben being the first rider, he hasn't seen ANY of the 2023 contributions yet. Plus, he's the closest geographically right now.

Just my opinion. Carry on.
Package arrived safely today. Just need to know where it is headed.

Package arrived safely today. Just need to know where it is headed.

Looks like Jeff is tied up at the moment. To keep the train moving, I think we can decide how to proceed.

Option #1 - As I have stated before, since the train has completed its first trip, I think it should start Trip #2 at the first stop - bpiela. Then it will proceed as before, being sent to the next closest rider. That can reduce expense and reduce the number of USPS hands touching it during its travels. If somebody doesn't want a second ride, just move on to the next person in line.

Option #2 - The other choice is to continue with the list Jeff is maintaining, where he added people to the bottom of the list as they raised their hand for a second ride. This will cause the package to start hopscotching all over the US, and increase chances for loss or damage.

The choice is ours. So, what say ye? Option #1, or Option #2. Let's decide in the next couple of days, so redtailforester knows where to send it and the train finishes its run expeditiously.

I vote option #1.

Looks like Jeff is tied up at the moment. To keep the train moving, I think we can decide how to proceed.

Option #1 - As I have stated before, since the train has completed its first trip, I think it should start Trip #2 at the first stop - bpiela. Then it will proceed as before, being sent to the next closest rider. That can reduce expense and reduce the number of USPS hands touching it during its travels. If somebody doesn't want a second ride, just move on to the next person in line.

Option #2 - The other choice is to continue with the list Jeff is maintaining, where he added people to the bottom of the list as they raised their hand for a second ride. This will cause the package to start hopscotching all over the US, and increase chances for loss or damage.

The choice is ours. So, what say ye? Option #1, or Option #2. Let's decide in the next couple of days, so redtailforester knows where to send it and the train finishes its run expeditiously.

I vote option #1.
I'm fine with whatever the group chooses. Just need to know where to send.

I'll put some goodies in there for everyone. Count me out for the return trip if it goes around again.

I vote option #1.
I vote option #1 as well

I vote option #1.
Option #1 works for me.

Back