• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2nd round of sprouts is much better.

wordwiz said:
Nat, I'm far more interested in how you may set up your hydro system.

Mike

hehe, piece of cake man. It's going to be individual sheds at 5 feet by 5 feet with a 7 foot ceiling. Each shed will have a 4 tub ebb and flow system in it with it's own temperature controlled reservoir that will heat itself to 75 degrees F when necessary. I'll be using General Hydroponics 3 part Flora Series nutrients, adjusted for either vegetative growth or flowering/fruiting. I've used this nutrient for years and I love it because each of the three parts can be varied in strength to fit the stage of growth and desired growth characteristics.

Each unit will be screened in with door panels fitting the top 5 feet on each of the 4 sides for access, but will get the usual wind gusts that I hope will be enough for pollenation. If not, I may have to re-think that part of it....(any advice from you pepper growing Pro's would be appreciated).

As I see how the plants grow in this setup, I'll adjust it as necessary. I may back off to two tubs per/unit. It depends on how crowded it gets with 4. My goal is to fill the entire 5x5x5 growing area with pepper bush and fruit. The reservoir will be in the bottom 24 inches of space.

wordwiz said:
Nat,

...it may be a guide to help me this winter, since upstairs it only gets into the upper 60s, very low 70s. In my germinator I use a water bed heater that keeps the temps at 86 degrees.
Mike

"Temperatures slightly below 30 degrees Celsius work very nicely for practically all the capsicum species and varieties I've tried so far. (Nearly 1000 varieties, and all wild species available). The ideal temperature that works for all capsicums is a little below 30C degrees, I've used temperatures between 27-29C with most success."

(For Fahrenheit, that's 80.6-84.2)

Man, you guys and yer super-uber chile gardens...lol

Makes me wana move...to Austrailia..lol

I'd do chile dammage over there, oh yea.

QuadShotz said:
Man, you guys and yer super-uber chile gardens...lol Makes me wana move...to Austrailia..lol I'd do chile dammage over there, oh yea.
I like doing Hydroponics here in Florida for many reasons. Bugs being the most obvious one. You should see the giant grasshoppers here. The damn things are 4 to 5 inches long and weigh about the same thing as a golf ball. Had one hit me in the forehead while riding my bike at 65mph. Freakin bug juice all over my face, plus it damn near knocked me off my bike. I found out that day that grasshopper guts taste bitter....gag, gag, gag

NatGreenMeds said:
I like doing Hydroponics here in Florida for many reasons. Bugs being the most obvious one. You should see the giant grasshoppers here. The damn things are 4 to 5 inches long and weigh about the same thing as a golf ball. Had one hit me in the forehead while riding my bike at 65mph. Freakin bug juice all over my face, plus it damn near knocked me off my bike. I found out that day that grasshopper guts taste bitter....gag, gag, gag

Theres some info you should keep to yourself Nat..Guts or no guts :lol:

NatGreenMeds said:
Bugs being the most obvious one. You should see the giant grasshoppers here. The damn things are 4 to 5 inches long and weigh about the same thing as a golf ball. Had one hit me in the forehead while riding my bike at 65mph. Freakin bug juice all over my face, plus it damn near knocked me off my bike. I found out that day that grasshopper guts taste bitter....gag, gag, gag

you talking about those Black and orange/red ones Nat?

talas said:
Theres some info you should keep to yourself Nat..Guts or no guts :lol:

Damn man, I'm still wishing I could forget it! hehe

AlabamaJack said:
you talking about those Black and orange/red ones Nat?
Yeah AJ, I see you know the prehistoric monsters I'm talking about. If you get one on a pepper plant, forget it, you'll never see the plant again unless you hit the same grasshopper on your bike...

Back