• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

3 Nights, 3 Sauces

CE672AD7-04B0-4CE6-BC0A-DD3A90C29FA8-2544-0000033524A3C437.jpg

Starting tonight with the First sauce featuring pods from romy6 and SoCalChilihead:

FlamingPumpkinHS.jpg

Then tomorrow night featuring pods from romy6 and MGOLD86

SRB1.jpg

And the third night featuring pods from Publix (hahahahaha, yukyukyuk, coughcoughcough) :crazy:
This is my most requested sauce and actually the first fermented one I ever made. This time though the pods were smoked for 4 hours over some nice apple wood.

HabaPenoSmoke.jpg

So, stay tuned RocketMan Fans. Pics are a sure thing to follow along with my initial impressions.

RM

Ya I've loved using mine too, just usually let it cool a bit before throwin it in there. too expensive to replace if it cracked....but if you do it I guess I won't worry

Night 3 Haba-Peno Smoked in pictorial review.

Haba-Peno is the Original RocketMan fermented sauce. For this version the peppers were smoked for 4 hours over apple wood and then fermented for 45 days.

100_3126-1.jpg

100_3132-1.jpg

100_3129-1.jpg

100_3131-1.jpg

100_3136-1.jpg

Got some final pics to post after a bump.
Cheers
RM

I'm sure the flaming pumpkin will taste good... I make a Thai carrot and pumpkin curry that's very flavorful and has a good burn with all the chiles in the yellow curry paste that goes into it. The others will be good too I bet...

Well, the Thanksgiving table at the Launch Pad had all 3 of these sauces on it and it was the first real taste test of the sauces with food and I was really happy with the results. In fact those of us that like spicy foods couldn't find just one out of the three that we wanted to stay with so, we got some small plates and put a bit of each on there.

Flaming Pumpkin
I was really excited about this one as Pumpkin is my newest ingredient. This sauce had a really great garlicy goodness to it and there was just enough of a special spice, also a new ingredient, to make itself known without being over the top, wheebz can you guess what it is? The sauce came out a little thinner than I really like but was so good I really didn't care. This will become a seasonal sauce from now on.

SRB - Seriously Righteous Burn
I was expecting this sauce to have a really great burn and man did it at least to me it did. With the 9 pepper blend used in this sauce the pepper flavor really shined with maybe just a hint of a sweetness from the sweet onion and carrots. Medium thick the way I really like my sauces to be, this sauce went with everything I tried it with but it was really good on the ham.

Smoked Haba-peno
Haba-Peno was my first fermented sauce and is still the sauce that most people ask for. Making it with peppers that were smoked with Apple wood for 4 hours though, WOW! The real smoke flavor just explodes without being too much and really adds to the complexity of this already great sauce. I'll for sure be doiing this again.

I've already said it but I'm hoping that those who have had the opportunity to try these sauce will stop by and comment.

Cheers y'all
RM

I was fortunate enough to receive a bottle of Bill's amazing fermeted sauces last night. Straight off the rocket pad and onto my plate. Had to try the pumkin sauce first. I could not detect any pumpkiin flavor at all. It starts out with a almost sweet smokey flavor( maybe cranberries) and is followed by a super tasty pepper/garlic and onion love. It is a shame this will only be a seasonal sauce ;) I could see using this sauce every day of the year on any and all things from popcorn to a nice one inch thick steak like the one shown hear. Can't wait to try the Seriousy ritcheous burn. Thank you brother Bill

IMG_4129.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

Back