• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce 357 wing sauce

DEFCON Creator said:
Nope, just coated. I HATE gloppy wings myself.

I was hoping to get your sauce in before the weekend. Brother-in-law is coming for dinner tomorrow - he's one of my favourite victims...:) I guess I waited too long to order. Families will spend the day on the deck and in the pool, have a few brews ( yes, it's Molsons ), do up some BBQ ribs and blistering wings, followed by a backyard campfire and a couple of stogies...and a few more brews...not a bad way to end the summer...

All that's missing is my Defcon 1...I should have ordered it a week ago...:lol:

I think I've figured it out. Tonight I marinated some wings in Dave's Ultimate Insanity, for two hours. Threw them on the Q, and when done sauced them with Mad Dog 357. Still 7 for flavour, but I hit my 9 for heat. My wife and brother-in-law had to leave the table after one wing...So I've learned how to make em hot - marinate in an extract, and then sauce with a high level sauce. All I need to find is one that's a 9 on the flavour scale. I'll retest this when my Defcon order arrives, and if hits the mark, this recipe will be at our Bills tailgate Sept 30th.

If you're there, we'll be easy to spot. One guy with an evil smile on his face, and nine guys crying like babies...:)

Good start to the weekend...Xgrafcorex's pulled pork is next...That thread was inspiring...:lol:

took a little longer than expected ( but with good reason ), but my order arrived today - just in time for my dad's 70th surprise party tomorrow. 80 people, bring your own specialty....so, I have 10 pounds of wings marinating overnight in two bottles of Defcon 1. They will hit the BBQ about 4:00 tomorrow, and will then be sauced with Defcon 2.

OMG, I'm drooling...

Same crowd as our big family reunion, so it's the perfect bunch to get reviews from, as they've tasted several versions over the years...including the one that blinded my cousin's husband for an hour...not all my family is gifted like me...:lol:

Well, now I know what all the fuss has been about. The wings were a huge hit taste wise. I personally would have liked them hotter though, so I'll try the same recipe but replace Defcon 1 with 0. Unfortunately neither site I have used on line carries it, so I have some surfing to do...honey, where's my Speedo???

Def

Is there other wing sauces out there? ummmm i thought Def Con was the only one!!!! And if there are others out here...just dump them down the drain cause you cant even think of coming close to what the master makes..

Best Dam Wing Sauce Period!!!!!

I struck out re Defcon 0. I just ordered 10 bottles of 2, and 6 of 1, thru Defcon's website. Definitely doing these wings at Buffalo Bills tailgate in two weeks. A couple of the attendees were at yesterday's soiree, and they've been spreading the word, as the rest of the gang have been e-mailing me insisting on this dish.

The puppies will love this gentler version, but I'd love to add some Defcon 0 to ramp it up. I'll use Bomb or Nuckin Futs if I have to, but not my first choice. Any info re obtaining Defcon 0 would be appreciated.

JerseyBoyzJerky said:
Is there other wing sauces out there? ummmm i thought Def Con was the only one!!!! And if there are others out here...just dump them down the drain cause you cant even think of coming close to what the master makes..

Best Dam Wing Sauce Period!!!!!

STOP IT! You're making me blush! :P LOL!

As for the ZERO. It's not the easiest thing to come by, seeing as we only sell it in collectors bottles. Perhaps one day it will be available for all-purpose use, but for now, with the time and energy it takes to make it, there's no way I could possibly keep up with the demand.

DEFCON Creator said:
As for the ZERO. It's not the easiest thing to come by, seeing as we only sell it in collectors bottles. Perhaps one day it will be available for all-purpose use, but for now, with the time and energy it takes to make it, there's no way I could possibly keep up with the demand.

i think in a thread some time back, you mentioned about how many habs go into each bottle of 0? if so, how many was it again? i was telling a friend about it, but i couldn't remember. either way, i'm gonna have to try some down the road here.

hot canuck - i got the same reaction from most. none of my friends are too into the heat when it comes to food, so they thought the 1 was way too hot...and even the people that liked it more mild than others thought the 2 was too hot. :) they all loved the flavor though, and i always tell them to try the 3 if they are ever looking for wing sauce.

i've never had the 3, so i really don't know how hot it is, but i think the only way i'll find out is if someone else orders it and makes wings. i'm all about the 1 and 2.

this forum always makes me hungry! :( of course, i did have a small dinner..perhaps i should go to some forum about spiders instead to take my mind off delicious hot food.

xgrafcorex said:
this forum always makes me hungry! :onfire: of course, i did have a small dinner..perhaps i should go to some forum about spiders instead to take my mind off delicious hot food.

Naahhh - go to the puss threads...Kills my appetite everytime...

Back