• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

38F tonight

millworkman

eXtreme
I guess my season is about done here. Going to bring the best plants in for the night but seems like I am all done.

Great season though.

It's getting to 33F tomorrow night........the season ain't over yet! I'm covering everything. Next week we'll be back in the 60's.

Hey mill good luck...I`ve already brought in what I can.peppers ain`t doing to well right now but the deer,,,,ooooooooh yeaaaa!Got 15 plants in the house and hope they`ll be happy. Rich

Yep, nights here in Pittsburgh have been getting colder and colder. I've pulled most of my plants, bought a fluorescent light for the three I'm going to try and keep, but yeah, stick a fork in this season, seems about done.

Now we need some hawt Aussie pepper pron to hold us through these next few months.

yup.. its that time of year. supposed to be 38F or so here too.

Going threw a cold snap... Unfortunately due to constant issues with Bacterial Leaf Spot (Crap I bought had no effect on it), My plant has gone to pepper afterlife A week or so ago. :(

Going to try Neem oil next Season which should start around December. Hope this coming season is more fruitful.. For all of us. ;)

38? WTF It's been almost double that here. I think the lowest it gets high 50's. If that is the case could I just grow them all year or would the on / off rain be too much for them to handle? If so I have a large back patio I could move them to out of the rain on the heavy days and back to the garden on the sunny days. Would that work?

We finally had a mild cold front come through today getting a low of 73F.
Tommorow's high is supposed to be 85F, so a bit of a releif.

LGHT, thats also about the coldest it gets here but very rarely.
Temps here during the winter are usually 60F - 70F but often times can get warmer

I'm down in Newport Beach. It's probably the same weather as LB, but maybe a tad bit cooler as i'm only a mile or so from the water. I guess i'll just leave most of them where they are and see how they do. If they don't make it I'll be ok starting from seed again. Most of my plants are in pots, as the ones in the ground just got too much sun and I gave up on them. Didn't make since to use twice as much water on plants that gave me 1 tenth of the fruit that my potted plants got. I guess full sun all day was just more than the could handle. I have noticed that a few of my plants turned yellow because of lack of magnesium although I would put a table spoon or so every few waterings. Next year i'm going to focus more on foiler feedings since every time I water I give them a good drench and it seems like all the extra nutes where just getting washed through. Live and learn.

Back