• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

4th of July Grill/Smoke

We have friends bringing big bang-bang for the 4th, but since they're coming a day early. I brought out some Wagyu/Angus ribsteaks for the first night.

Hot out the deep-freeze
20200702_151847.jpg

I asked him for heavy-on-the-inch, I think this'll do.
20200702_152008.jpg

What you crafty devils up to this weekend?

stettoman said:
We have friends bringing big bang-bang for the 4th, but since they're coming a day early. I brought out some Wagyu/Angus ribsteaks for the first night.

Hot out the deep-freeze
attachicon.gif
20200702_151847.jpg

I asked him for heavy-on-the-inch, I think this'll do.
attachicon.gif
20200702_152008.jpg

What you crafty devils up to this weekend?
Looks like I'm heading to L'Étoile du Nord for some Wagyu/Angus ribsteaks smoked/grilled by this guy^^^^^^. Yum-a-rooni!!!! And with Ann's Steak Sauce somewhere around........<salivate>

Not really any plans here. Forgot it even WAS a holiday weekend until Tonie told me I get an extra day with her. Lol. (Off of work).

That'll be lip smackin'!
Tonie adds ChokeCherry Jam/preserves to pulled pork and it's STELLAR!!!!

Been on vacation since last Friday. Our holiday was yesterday , so I got to listen to all the neighbours bring the boom.

Lots of good food and drink so far , some documented here, much more not.

I will probably be working on moding my flat charcoal grill on Saturday before it gets crazy hot. I want some cross rails and a removable center baffle so I can set it up for spedini on short wooden skewers.

hMBpfrK.jpg

Looking forward to seeing some good eats in here! I*m not doing much. Got invited to a picnic on Saturday, so I*m just bringing some apps. Pork belly burnt ends and some bacon wrapped stuffed peños.

One of my kids has a doubleheader baseball game on Sunday, so probably not much cooking going on... just beer ;)

Happy (belated) Canada Day, Ashen!
:cheers:

Ashen said:
Been on vacation since last Friday. Our holiday was yesterday , so I got to listen to all the neighbours bring the boom.

Lots of good food and drink so far , some documented here, much more not.

I will probably be working on moding my flat charcoal grill on Saturday before it gets crazy hot. I want some cross rails and a removable center baffle so I can set it up for spedini on short wooden skewers.

hMBpfrK.jpg
You cooking on that thing or making Bowie knives?

:lol: looking forward to some nice cooks and them 1"+steaks. Mmmmmm.....

MikeUSMC said:
Looking forward to seeing some good eats in here! I*m not doing much. Got invited to a picnic on Saturday, so I*m just bringing some apps. Pork belly burnt ends and some bacon wrapped stuffed peños.

One of my kids has a doubleheader baseball game on Sunday, so probably not much cooking going on... just beer ;)

Happy (belated) Canada Day, Ashen!
Some apps???? That's a MEAL to me. Lol. keep 'em comin'........!

I hope you're doing great, Mike! I feel your Chocolate Bonnet is gonna crush it this year in my garden!

Anybody doing anything up today?   I am just doing a basic pork butt, 8 lbs.  Just the immediate family here today, so don't need a ton.  
pbutt.jpg

Dark picture,  have grill sitting in open garage right now.

Oh and made some scallops last night,  had w/ a bit of Warrantman's Suicide Sauce which I received yesterday!  Had a lot more of the sauce on popcorn late last night after I was finally feeling better.  Hit it way too hard Thursday night...    :cheers:   Really love the sauce, been lurking on ordering some for awhile.  Won't hesitate to order more!
scallops.jpg

ended up doing burgers and hot italian sausages on the grill. i tried out Chilicum VIP BBQ sauce that i got from the free sauce promo and it packs some heat!!! also did a copycat KFC coleslaw recipe and it is a near dead ringer for KFC`s. only difference was i didn`t get the cabbage grated down quite as small as the original. can you tell i like black pepper?  :lol:  Happy 4th everybody!!!

20200704_171247_resized.jpg

20200704_175351_resized.jpg

20200704_175409_resized.jpg

Back