• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling 4th of July Grilling!

So, I feel this month I am unworthy of truly getting in on the 4th of July Throwdown as I just don't have that much stuff planned as other people are bringing food as well, but, here is what I am grillin up to Celebrate our Nation.
All the while drinking a great American Beer.

First, a jerk inspired Grilled Chicken Marinade/Rub
6e7bc2cca83f__1278185211000.jpeg

Garlic and onion powder
New Mex Red chili powder
Lots of Thai Chili Powder
Chipotle powder
Arbol Chili powder
Crushed black pepper
Pink Salt
Lots of Fresh minced Thyme (took the pic before I added it)
Cinnamon
Clove
Nutmeg
And annato powder

To that I added the juice of 2 oranges, some brown Sugar, and some olive oil.
That went into a bag with some chicken Thighs and Legs last night, along with another Bag of Chicken covered in "Rudy's Rub" for those that don't like it spicy.
5bda54bf4ef5__1278246436000.jpeg

As an Appetizer, I am doing some Hab poppers
Cream Cheese and Sharp Cheddar stuffed, and wrapped in Smoked Bacon.
They'll be grilled and slathered in BBQ sauce.
4a99feeb2c51__1278243808000.jpeg

0135efac584a__1278245125000.jpeg

I also sprinkled the Poppers w a little of the Rudy's as well.
This will all be grilled over a bunch of Mesquite Chunks.

As a Desert, there will be a 12in Dutch oven apple pie topped w Vanilla Ice cream. I don't think you can get anymore American than that on the 4th.

More pics to come as the grillin' continues

What the F is 76 cents for? For 1776?
Some one here might end up swallowing that. Seriously, I have a bunch of delinquent self proclaimed Rock N Roll stars coming over.

I just ran to the store cause I realized I was severely missing something... Whiskey!!! And Corn. How could I forget the corn yesterday???

Alright, I'll post it over in the Throwdown thread as well. At least, I'll link this thread over to it.

sorry man, jus saw this again- 76 cents is in the rules an stuff... check it out on the thread- happy 4th!

Here is a shot of the Poppers, and as much of the pie as I could get a picture of before it was gone...
The chicken, well, lets just say Acohol got in the way of me taking pictures of the chicken. I just forgot to do it. It came out great though.

I also seriously did have 76 cents out for one of these shots, but like I was worried about, it got eaten by an idiot cause it was shiny.

Poppers
257dc2ebd14d__1278313793000.jpeg

Pie...Mmmm.Pie!
d57434bf5cc2__1278313741000.jpeg

9a49e49fe2e4__1278313845000.jpeg

Good stuff, J!

I did quite the spread for the 4th, but spent my time visiting with my guests (had about 14 people here) instead of snapping pictures of the food.

My tiny grill is still panting! :lol:

Oh man...I LOVE eggs!!

Quiche....fried, omlettes, eggs benedict, deviled......

Crap...I can't think of a bad way to make eggs.

My wife is making me a quiche tomorrow. I'm so stoked. i love Quiche.
I think Poached eggs suck though. Big time.

Nothing except the addition of bacon, hash browns ad beer!

YES!!! But grated hash browns, a little burt on the edges. Not the crappy hippy home fried potatoes...

and this fricken forum is gonna make me a fat slob...... All I want to do is cook when I log off.....

Back