• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics 5101's 2nd set pics

RIMG0711.jpg
RIMG0739.jpg
RIMG0709.jpg
RIMG0740.jpg

Damn I wish I knew...have you tried the neem oil yet?
Also I had something similar that turned out to be too much nitrogen from 'green' fertilizer.
My first move would be to repot it with some generic potting mix & just give it basic water & light needs for a few weeks with a good spray of neem & maybe a little foliar fert every few days. See if it comes back.

But I'm no expert.

I think whoever said thrips may have been spot on.

Whatever it is, treatment for buggies should knock it out.

bentalphanerd said:
O.K here's a big hint for anything to do with bugs & diseases on THP

TRUST WHAT PAM SAYS

subtle huh ;)

Amen...

Hi, 5101 here...

Last year, I applied some neem oil, straight from a bottle (this dark oil is from India) and there is no "how to use" in English, but in Tamil/Hindustani. I dabbed affected leaves with a cotton bud dipped with the oil. The thrips or whatever tiny crawlies died but so did the leaves - later fall off. Major disaster. hence I am not sure how to dilute the oil and maybe those sold i the US etc are of better quality. So, maybe I might try garlic, neem leaves, lantana leaves (all blended) and see how it goes.

5101 said:
Hi, 5101 here...

Last year, I applied some neem oil, straight from a bottle (this dark oil is from India) and there is no "how to use" in English, but in Tamil/Hindustani. I dabbed affected leaves with a cotton bud dipped with the oil. The thrips or whatever tiny crawlies died but so did the leaves - later fall off. Major disaster. hence I am not sure how to dilute the oil and maybe those sold i the US etc are of better quality. So, maybe I might try garlic, neem leaves, lantana leaves (all blended) and see how it goes.

My Neem bottle says to use 5 ml to 1 litre of water.

so thats about 1 teaspoon of neem oil to every 4 cups of water. Mix it in a spray bottle and give your plants a good coating.

and after you use it, make sure you rinse the spray nozzle on the bottle well with hot soapy water else the spray nozzle will clog up when the water evaporates and leaves the neem residue behind...

Hi

Wow, lots of guys love PAM. Great to have you around, Pam, to , so glad they are a lovable lot to a lovable woman.

OK, I will see how it goes...shopping list: get new bottle of neem.

I am trying to size down my pics I downloaded thru photobucket. Really, must find time to learn this.

Guess what, small, energetic ziggety-zaggety ants are visiting the soil. They don't sting. I wonder what;'s the lure.

by the way, on each petals of the sweet cherry chili, there is a spot of nectar. I noticed a sunbird perching ungainly on my 12 inch plant and struggling. Later, I saw shimmering drops on the blooms that opened and touched with my finger: it is sweet.

For you info, something recently learne....childlike wonder and grateful to the almighty God for His amazing creativity.

Back