• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

7 pot Jonah x Pimenta da Neyde

I am also interested in some of those seeds. Where do I send the SASBE? Tried to send you a PM but your inbox is not accepting new messages. I also have some seeds in your want list if you are interested.

cloudhand said:
I am also interested in some of those seeds. Where do I send the SASBE? Tried to send you a PM but your inbox is not accepting new messages. I also have some seeds in your want list if you are interested.

Opps, I'll have to clear my messages. I didn't know it overflowed. My want list is outdated, but we can talk about a trade. I mostly need pimenta da neydes, since mine are not viable.

Capsaicin Pirate said:
There's some PDN somewhere over the atlantic as we speak. My spares were garbage so I got my hands on some more, the surplus of which is in the post.

I received them along with other folks' SABSEs. Thanks a bunch. I need to backcross. I can't wait to see how your backcross does as well. I'm not going to make the mistake of picking my pimenta da Neydes too early this year. 

Capsaicin Pirate said:
There's some PDN somewhere over the atlantic as we speak. My spares were garbage so I got my hands on some more, the surplus of which is in the post.

I got your seeds out before our big storm. We have a crazy snowstorm impending. I look forward to seeing how your backcross does. I'll be doing the same thanks to you.

Thanks! All the PDN planted popped their little heads up quickly.

The plan is, cross both the Jonah and PDN with the truest of your crosses and then do the same cross again with new parents. I'll then seed save and send you some back from both the new f1 and the backcross.

Thanks again.

Capsaicin Pirate said:
Thanks! All the PDN planted popped their little heads up quickly.

The plan is, cross both the Jonah and PDN with the truest of your crosses and then do the same cross again with new parents. I'll then seed save and send you some back from both the new f1 and the backcross.

Thanks again.

Awesome! We will keep track of lineage (who did what and what they did). The only thing I'm selecting for is purple foliage and a good PN 7 pot jonah flavor like the F1 has. However, many liked the unique shape of the F1, so I think if we want to go for a shape, that would be one to go for. Other interesting shapes can arise from the F2s though. I crossed the F1 with a Moruga, but they have not turned purple. However it might improve the flavor of the Moruga. I don't think they taste bad or great. IMO, a lot of the superhots lack unique and good flavors with the exception of a few. The SB7J brought in a unique and good flavor and the 7JPN does as well. Taste is subjective, so I can't wait until these grow for people to report on the flavor.

Edit: I'm also hoping to see stripes like the pimenta tiger. I'm sure we all would though!

This inspired me to use the pimenta da Neyde:
21.09%20025.jpg

Got the seeds this weekend gonna drop them in the dirt after they sit in their growth serum.

I have a couple PDN that came to me from Indonesia that I'll be back crossing to so we should have some interesting lineages going on in a couple years.

Thanks for the other crosses as well they all sound tasty can't wait to get some pods growing.

From the sounds of it you are gonna be getting all sorts of cool seeds back coming next year.

Dia Atton said:
Got the seeds this weekend gonna drop them in the dirt after they sit in their growth serum.

I have a couple PDN that came to me from Indonesia that I'll be back crossing to so we should have some interesting lineages going on in a couple years.

Thanks for the other crosses as well they all sound tasty can't wait to get some pods growing.

From the sounds of it you are gonna be getting all sorts of cool seeds back coming next year.

Awesome, I can't wait to see how the backcrosses with PDNs turn out. I crossed a Moruga with the F1. I only grew one so far. It's slightly purple. A bit disappointing so far, but maybe it will have cool stripes.

My little boy has pulled the prop' onto the floor whilst I was at work. SWMBO tidied it up and popped the mess into a bucket along with another load of unused soil/verm mix.  I spent last night sifting looking for little golden chilli seeds amoungst little golden flakes. I've not found them all and have a mixture of your PDN, Atomic and Bhut strains to contend with.

It's a good job the Jonah/PDN cross I'm looking for will be distinctive. *shakes fist*

Here are my two 7PJ x PDNs - thanks Dulac! They were both started on 1/24. The one on the right popped just a day earlier than the other one but is much larger. The one on on the left is in Nature's Seedling Mix; the right is in Epsoma Organic Seed Starter Mix. I split my seedlings between these two mixes - and all the Espoma seedlings are larger. Next year I'm going 100% Espoma.

12952899243_9b3b6f4046_c.jpg

hottoddy said:
Here are my two 7PJ x PDNs - thanks Dulac! They were both started on 1/24. The one on the right popped just a day earlier than the other one but is much larger. The one on on the left is in Nature's Seedling Mix; the right is in Epsoma Organic Seed Starter Mix. I split my seedlings between these two mixes - and all the Espoma seedlings are larger. Next year I'm going 100% Espoma.

12952899243_9b3b6f4046_c.jpg

Those are looking great! Can't wait to see the fruit.

The one on the right looks awesome, Terravexti.

Back