• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

7 pot or 7 pod???????

7_pots_2.jpg

7 pots.
:rofl: :rofl:

7 Pot sounds like it would make more sense but.... maybe its 7 pod because seven 7 pods would be enough last a person a year for all spices and salsas made!!!!! :flamethrower::mouthonfire:

There is a guy from Trinidad on another site I visit, and he stresses that it is 7 pot. I also work with 2 people from Trinidad, and I notice that they pronounce T differently. For example, "other" sounds like "udder". So I just went over to my co-worker's desk and asked her to say "7-POT" and it sounded like "7-POD". It only makes sense to call it a 7-pot since it flavors 7 pots of stew. It appears that "7-pod" is just a translation error to me, "7-pod" doesn't make any sense.

Cardi(Caribbean agricultural research and development institute) calls the Trinidad landrace type a 7 pod so I'll go with that.
As far as I know it was one post on another forum around 2005 that started the whole "7 pots of stew" theory

Hmmmm....... we may never know the truth, but at least we can all agree they are the same plant right!?!?!????

If 7 pod is what CARDI names it, then thats what it's called

Cardi(Caribbean agricultural research and development institute) calls the Trinidad landrace type a 7 pod so I'll go with that.
As far as I know it was one post on another forum around 2005 that started the whole "7 pots of stew" theory

Back