• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics 7 Pot Pepper pics

I've been told that the size and yield is pretty low for a 7 Pot (about 15 peppers), but considering they were grown in less than ideal conditions (colder temperatures), and it's my first crack at this caliber of pepper I'm just happy I've got peppers period. A couple questions though:

1. I get the impression this plant is pretty small and squat, should I have transplanted it to a larger pot at a certain point?

2. They look like they're still not ripe yet, I.E. haven't changed colors, or are they the proper color/ready? If not, is it sunlight they need to finish themselves off?

...and if any seasoned growers out there see anything else about the plants I could have done differently, please let me know.

Thanks guys, loving this forum btw...

141p3xl.jpg

9zvm2r.jpg

These types of plants can become huge but they probably need much larger containers to do so. Nothing wrong with growing them in small containers as long as you don't expect them to realize their full potential.
Wait for them to change color to red, yellow or whatever then start tasting them to find what stage of ripeness you prefer as the taste and probably heat will change the longer they stay on the plant.
I wouldn't change the amount of sun they're getting at this point. Just keep doing what you're doing and you should see some color changes soon.

Looks pretty durn good to me. I agree with Tony, just keep doing what your doing and wait for them to change color. Your plant is pretty squat and bushy and you've got some very nice clustering at the node going on. Are you growing strictly indoors?

My 7 pot grew much taller but in an even smaller pot. I must of got 10 or so pods on the 1st harvest, now I'm maybe 15. These things taste awesome so Im sure you'll be happy with it.

Looks pretty durn good to me. I agree with Tony, just keep doing what your doing and wait for them to change color. Your plant is pretty squat and bushy and you've got some very nice clustering at the node going on. Are you growing strictly indoors?

My 7 pot grew much taller but in an even smaller pot. I must of got 10 or so pods on the 1st harvest, now I'm maybe 15. These things taste awesome so Im sure you'll be happy with it.

For the most part I was keeping them outdoors and would only bring them in if it got too cold at night. That's one of the things I'm starting to worry about, we're getting colder temperatures and less sunlight in my area. Hopefully in the next week I can get them to soak up as much sun as possible and get them to change colors and ripen. I'm considering keeping them indoors and buying a grow-lamp....ideas?

indoors by a window and they will ripen. The indoor temp will help it move along quicker, in my experience, as the cold will make them stall. I don't think a week of really soaking up the sun will make the change come that much faster. Nice plant for indoors though.

Those look great. It's my opinion that these are the best tasting super hots. A bigger pot will give you bigger yields, but your plant is beautiful.

There is a following the trail of the butch T thread on here that verifies it is 7pot not 7pod

Yeah, the greenery I bought my plant from refer to it as "7 pot." They said it's because people used to say you could spice up 7 pots of chili with one pepper. Although if that were the case i think it would be called 5 or 10 pot chili because people think in 5's and 10's...7 is a kind of oddly specific number. I dunno though....Justaguy, do you know where that thread is?

Back