• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

a beginners grow log (chefben4)

I am a new guy to the site and the whole pepper growing thing, or growing at all for that matter. I know I am late but I am going to pick up where I can and kind of start a grow log. I have learned so much from everyones grow logs on here! I figured I'd start my own and get help when needed or suggested.. I very proud of my plants since Im new to this lol, so I hope I'll have a lot of pics to post.

Here is my list this year (for a first timer I think I got carried away, but live and learn!)

Tabasco Chili
Red Bell
Green Bell
Jalepeno
Habenero
Pepperonchini
Gypsy
Nu Mex Big Jim
Trinadad Scorpion
Belgium Carrot
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
Hot Cherry Pepper

As you can see in the pictures I am growing them in a multitude of ways... Earthbox (bucket in my case), Garden, Hydroponic drip system, and containers. Will post some more pics soon.

Enjoy!

GARDEN
IMG00031-20100525-1900-1.jpg

Choc. Bhut Jolokia
IMG00028-20100524-1827-1.jpg

EarthBox Tabasco Chili & Habenero
IMG00025-20100512-2016.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion
IMG00029-20100524-1827-1.jpg

Gypsy Pepper in Drip System
IMG00002-20100603-1527.jpg

Its my first year growing superhots or any peppers for that matter. Ill take some pics with my camera (not cell phone) and maybe some of you pros will be able to confirm its a t. scorpion. In any case im preparing myself to try a piece of this fire pod. Ive been into hot stuff for quite some time now so hopefully all goes well lol

Here are some pictures of what i believe are trinadad scorpions and choc. bhut. Maybe you guys can confirm for me. I am a first time grower and want to be sure. I tried both and they kinda feel like putting a welding torch in your mouth. Also made some t. scorpion (if thats what they are) hot sauce and it came out real well. I appreciate the input!

8410006.jpg

8410005.jpg

8410004.jpg

8410003.jpg

8410002.jpg

8410001.jpg

8410007.jpg

They both kind of seemed on par with each other so far. Cooking with these things taught me many lessons. One was to cook the hot sauce outside. Good thing I did some reading on here and didnt learn the hardway. My backyard was like someone sprayed pepperspray! In any case, im really enjoying my first year of pepper gardening. Thanks to all the help on this website I was able to be successfull!

Here are some pictures from yesterday. Had a pretty good little harvest for the dehydrator. As you can see some of my choc. bhuts have some green on them still. My plant has tons of pods and I wanted a few for this dehydrator batch so they got sacrificed!

peppers80910002.jpg

peppers80910008.jpg

peppers80910007.jpg

Will have some seeds available in a few weeks if anyone is up for swapping!

Back