• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

A call out to fellow Aussies and even mexicans in NSW!! :)

Help needed ! smile.gif I have got me a new shiny 27" Imac and it's so nice I want to lick it! Anyway I want to 'bootcamp' XP onto it. Basically install XP on the mac for gaming and the odd piece of tax software.

I have XP home ( legit and key is mine ) but I NEED XP sp2 or 3 install DVD and mine is pre SP updates. I have slip streamed SP3 onto another DVD ( again legal ) but it just won't work. I get net_detect errors on reboots....or something like that.

So - any one have a Windows XP HOME eddition with SP3 or even SP 2 that I can borrow for a day? I will use it to install windows and use MY KEY. I do not even want to know your key or want anything to do with your key. Just to clarify this is all legit and noting will blow up or implode smile.gif

Cheers

obviously some beaut ( hand crafted of course ) awesome beers will be exchanged smile.gif.

Edit: Oh and seeds if needed or wanted.

i have an xp disk.. but i'll have to check which sp it is.... i'll check it for you tomorrow and let you know.. too late and too drunk to go searching for it now :)

edit: i installed windows on my macbook pro through parrallels and it screwed up but it did install initially so you might be good :)

oh by the way.. i am so jealous of your 27 incher!! i want one!!! that will be my next purchase for sure!

Mate it's so sweet and the magic mouse is so sweet the drunker I get the more I want to lick it...... the most awesome mouse ever. sooooo smooth and mousy...mmmmmmm.

I bought mine from a guy who is cheaper from apple and is a apple junkie from way back. He sells brand new boxed apple stuff for a great price. PM for details. All brand new, boxed and apple warranted etc.

cant afford it atm.. but in a couple months i'll be harassing you.. i can get deals through work and I was salivating over the imac 27" AND it was like $1.5k cheaper than what i paid for this macbook...

go on.. lick the mouse... i dare you :P

sad thing is I did after my last post. And the pointer scrolls on the screen from 'a licking' the mouse up and down and sideways..... oh god this gives a new meaning to the internet.... to boozed...will regret this in the morning....damn the interweb and licky mouses!

lol.. be careful.. you know your warranty will be void with liquid damage... dont go overboard on the licking :)

I've just got my mac back after the screen went on it... mrmel spilled wild turkey on it ages ago and I was worried it wouldnt be covered.. i was lucky.. you might not be so licky lucky :P

hey cube... sorry i thought i'd be able to help you out, but its not an XP disk... its Windows Vista with SP1... sorry... if you want to borrow this disk let me know.

Thanks Mel but I do not have a key for Vista. Unless you are biffing it out and don't want the key anymore lol

Back