• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

A cookbook everyone should buy!

I bought it at Barnes and Noble. It is called The ultimate insanely super hot chili pepper cookbook by Michael Harwood. It has every flavor you need. Mild to Ultra Spicy. American to Thai to Indian to Caribbean to African. It even has a list of most of the peppers you see out there. Tepin to 7 pot to Naga Morich to Bhut Jolokia. If you don't wanna buy just hit me up with a PM with the flavor your looking for and i'll try to get ya a great recipe.:onfire:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...words=the+ultimate+insanely+super+hot&x=0&y=0

What I find frustrating with the books is that most of the varieties used in the recipes can not be found here in Montreal. I really enjoyed the The Complete Chile Pepper Book by Dave Dewitt and Paul W. Bosland though I couldn't try most of their recipes because the chiles can not be bought here. And at this point, I can not consider growing myself because we have a really young child at home, no time nor the ernergy!

What I find frustrating with the books is that most of the varieties used in the recipes can not be found here in Montreal. I really enjoyed the The Complete Chile Pepper Book by Dave Dewitt and Paul W. Bosland though I couldn't try most of their recipes because the chiles can not be bought here. And at this point, I can not consider growing myself because we have a really young child at home, no time nor the ernergy!

Hey Knm I know what you mean. I have that exact cook book as well but I usually just use whatever peppers I happen to have or can find and make do. My variety in peppers is finally growing and hope be able to make more stuff soon.

Congrats on the little one, anyways!!!

I bought the book ..... was glad it was a close out for 9 bucks. Sometimes , most times .... cookbooks are like CD's..... you pay for the whole but only enjoy two tunes.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

I bought the book ..... was glad it was a close out for 9 bucks. Sometimes , most times .... cookbooks are like CD's..... you pay for the whole but only enjoy two tunes.

Peace,
P. Dreadie
I hear ya...So are you saying that the book is good for a couple recipies but the rest in your opinion are just filler?

Maligator .... For me anyway. If you don't have many cookbooks then this may be a good source. But I also feel some of his recipes aren't close to what I have already learned. I know and think everyone should modify a recipe to fit their taste. I do !!!! But his version of Jerk Rub is way off in my eyes. To begin .... if you add liquids it's no longer a rub. It's a paste or marinade. He also used mustard ? In jerk? And then he didn't use any thyme !! In Jamaican cooking several items are always used. The first two are thyme and scallions. Those are used in almost everything. Then scotch bonnets peppers and allspice. And lots of dishes don't use allspice and may not use a bonnet.

Now that's JMO

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Gotcha...Thanks for the heads-up PD. I've actually been checking out alot of the recipies listed here on the THP. Alot of good imagination and ideas to be found here. Copy/paste into MS word and then they are on the computer for future refference ;)

Back