• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

A Few Interesting Pods

These Red Scotch Bonnet literally took forever, but they look nice. I received them a while back.

I haven't tasted the Grenada Seasoning yet to assess heat levels.

Chris

P1070411.jpg

P1070412.jpg

Very unusually shapes is in it on those Red Scotch Bonnet & those Grenada seasoning look by shape I have some Scotch Bonnet this year very interesting, this is the year of lot different shapes almost in all peppers so far. Never had those Grenada seasoning how they taste?

The 1 scotch bonnet is classically shaped (imho) but the other looks like a hab!!!!

My SB's are really consistent. Nothing like that one on the right. No matter.

I did have a mystery pepper come up that looked a lot like the grenada seasoning. Thanks for the pic.

Grenada Seasoning has very low heat and nice flavor. Very fragrant as well. I like it a lot. It's a mental challenge to toss a whole pod in your mouth out of fear it'll be hot. lol.

I have never seen a C. Chinense Red Scotch Bonnet with consistent pod shape. I don't believe it exists. Yellow ones...yes. Red, I gotta see it with my own eyes and then I'll want to have it. lol. I've looked forever for one with high heat, bonnet flavor, and correct pod shape.

Chris

cheezydemon said:
The 1 scotch bonnet is classically shaped (imho) but the other looks like a hab!!!!

My SB's are really consistent. Nothing like that one on the right. No matter.

I did have a mystery pepper come up that looked a lot like the grenada seasoning. Thanks for the pic.

To follow up, this is the best I've ever found. The pods were a bit on the small side, but very close to what I want. It took years to acquire.

I'll grow it out again in 2009.

Chris

P1050083.jpg

I'm also growing Grenada Seasoning and its taking forever to ripen.

Since its starting to get cool here I'm hoping it'll ripen soon. I'm glad you posted the pic b/c I was starting to think maybe I had the wrong pepper. They were looking alittle pimply and I was thinking it was gonna be something else.

Looks great!

Well I just ate one and there is no heat and not a whole lot of flavor. I'll have to double check to make sure these are Martinique and not Aji Dulce or T+T seasoning

Those Red Scotch Bonnets I grew in 2007 had real nice heat and flavor..heat was 8.5 out of 10. Flavor was excellent. They made a great powder. That's what really stands out about them.

Chris

It turns out the pods in my previous post were Aji dulce. The Martinique pods look similar but they are bigger and much hotter. I'll have to do more sampling but my first taste was very good flavor and hot but not ridiculous.

Here's my Martinique plant
2899256424_abd17b634e.jpg

And some pods
2899256402_15f555196f.jpg

Back