• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics A few random pod pics...

Not much to update, but my Yellow 7s are finally turning yellow.
2011grow002.jpg

I'm finally starting to get lots of ripe pods :woohoo:

Bhut Indian Carbon
pods002.jpg

7 Pod Barrackpore
pods008-1.jpg

7 Pod Red
pods011-1.jpg

7 Pod Yellow Large that is turning red
pods013-1.jpg

White Bullet Habs
pods014-1.jpg

pods016-1.jpg

Very nice Musky, interesting theory (Avon)on how fast seeds germinate to health of plant! I will be watching out for this as I have a bunch germinating right now! The 7 Pot/Pod Yellows, and Brains popped fast, so lets see if they grow fast!

pods013-1.jpg

Very nice looking pods, where did you acquire your Yellow 7 Pot/Large from...?

Very nice Musky, interesting theory (Avon)on how fast seeds germinate to health of plant! I will be watching out for this as I have a bunch germinating right now! The 7 Pot/Pod Yellows, and Brains popped fast, so lets see if they grow fast!
Thank you sir!

Very nice pods. Those Barrackpores are purdy.
Thanks Josh. Barrackpore is one of my favorites so far.

Very nice looking pods, where did you acquire your Yellow 7 Pot/Large from...?
Thank you. Pepperlover. I haven't tasted one yet.

Hey MM, everthing looks great, plants and pods are really coming along,

especially from where your located, its great to see a harvest happening,

The weather must be getting pretty cool in the evenings. We're finally getting a break

the next week or so, back to the 70's daytime, mid 50's at night, plants are responding

pretty good...

Nice framing on the greenhouse,

could you possibly have raised they perimeter supports up a ft or two giving you extra room over your beds?

Oops......Disregard the last question, I just noticed your post in the "tech" forum, I see its not permanent,

Looking Great! Love the look of those yellow Bhuts! Cooooooool :)

Thank you sir!

Hey MM, everthing looks great, plants and pods are really coming along,

especially from where your located, its great to see a harvest happening,

The weather must be getting pretty cool in the evenings. We're finally getting a break

the next week or so, back to the 70's daytime, mid 50's at night, plants are responding

pretty good...

Nice framing on the greenhouse,

could you possibly have raised they perimeter supports up a ft or two giving you extra room over your beds?

Oops......Disregard the last question, I just noticed your post in the "tech" forum, I see its not permanent,

Thanks! Yeah, I can raise the whole thing pretty easily if my plants are taller next year.

mojo u got it going, !!! ur pods look great!!
Thank you!

Rock on ... very nice. What are you going to cover it with....? You do have a lot of solar mass under it, good luck.
Thanks. I'm still trying to decide what to cover it with. Any suggestions? 6 mil poly?

Some really nice photos, hard to pick out a favorite, but those Douglahs....oh my! :eek:
Thanks. Yeah those Douglahs are wicked. It's the only one that I struggle eating. Sometimes it gives me really nasty stomach cramps. And the drool...

GREEEAT looking bhuts. My tongue is burning already lol. :onfire:
Thank you very much!

Here are some photos of Bombay Morich for ya Spicegeist.

This is the average sized pods I'm getting
bombay007.jpg

And this is the inside
bombay004.jpg

bombay005.jpg

They have a little thicker skin than the rest of my "nagas" and a bit less fruity, but very prolific and hot. The skin is also smooth and glossy like a hab, unlike a Bhut.

Here is Bih Jolokia
bombay009.jpg

These are basically just a smaller version of a Bhut as far as I can tell. Also very prolific.

If you are looking for a prolific Bhut type, Dorset Naga has produced the most for me this year out of 8 "naga types".
Hope this helps!

Harvest pics coming later today!

Here are some photos of Bombay Morich for ya Spicegeist.

This is the average sized pods I'm getting
bombay007.jpg

And this is the inside
bombay004.jpg

bombay005.jpg

They have a little thicker skin than the rest of my "nagas" and a bit less fruity, but very prolific and hot. The skin is also smooth and glossy like a hab, unlike a Bhut.

Here is Bih Jolokia
bombay009.jpg

These are basically just a smaller version of a Bhut as far as I can tell. Also very prolific.

If you are looking for a prolific Bhut type, Dorset Naga has produced the most for me this year out of 8 "naga types".
Hope this helps!

Harvest pics coming later today!

thanks mm, they look pretty good. my favorite has been the naga morich, but i didn't get my saved seed from 2010 to grow true, though one of the seedlings started cranking out very large, unusual pods with a great sweet flavor - I am overwintering this one and will try to stabilize with seed if all goes well. 2012 Naga Morich will be back!

Here are a few pics of today's harvest :dance:

b-dayharvest003-1.jpg

b-dayharvest001-1.jpg

Brain Strain
b-dayharvest008-1.jpg

Chocolate Hab
b-dayharvest011.jpg

Douglah
b-dayharvest005-1.jpg

T.S. Red
b-dayharvest007-1.jpg

Now I'm off to fire up the dehydrator and freeze some pods for sauce.
Thanks for looking! :cheers:

Very nice all the way around, plants pod & building a greenhouse very neat.I like that Bhut Indian carbon looks very cool. :)

Back