• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

A fruit can taste like what you put in the soil? Not!!

I just read a post from a person on a cannabis forum say that you can make cannabis taste like grapefruit by putting grapefruit juice in the soil during the final grow before harvest.
Where do they come up with this crap?
I told him I was going to put a slice of pepperoni pizza in mine so they will taste good. :rofl:
You try and explain to them how botany works and they prefer an experience over scientific fact.
Stoner science always makes me laugh.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Ha! It never ceases to amaze me what some people choose to believe despite scientific evidence to the contrary.
So true my friend.
So I guess in stoner science Sour Diesel tastes that way because some mechanic put diesel fuel in his soil. :rofl:
I love sharing this funny shit with you all. Will this work for peppers as well? I can put some tomatoes and cilantro and onion into my soil for my serranos and have a pepper that is a virtual salsa in itself. :high:

pfff, didn't you know all the purp sold in the hood is watered with grape drank. Duh!  :rofl:

Its true, these half assed youngster growers have some pretty vivid imaginations. It must be nice.

celery-final.jpg

http://www.arborjet.com/arborjet/inner_page2/new_quikjet_air

Think of it like a mother and her baby or the blood brain barrier.  Alcohol will cross both.  Some substances will cross neither.  Other substances will cross one but not the other.  Wanna get weirder?  I was on a medication called lyrica when I fathered my son.  The doctor sent me to genetic counseling because lyrica has been known to cause birth defects when taken by the father.

So says the FDA

In fact, some bright students have figured out some of the things that can cross the barriers roots provide, maybe modified a plant or two, and created a flower that changed color based on what you water it with.

Color changing plants

Not saying watering your plants with pineapple juice will make anything but the dirt taste like pineapple juice, but for all I know the same substance that gives pineapple its flavor is one of those things that happens to cross the barrier created by the plant. 

Back