A gardener's WORST nightmare, literally!

Beth of Pepermania Fame used to hunt those Texas sized pigs at times.

New housing tracks attracted the pigs.
Lots of grubs etc. in/under and come in with the Sod.

New laid sod was easy for the critters to get under for the eats underneath...
She as I like my pig guns, .35 Remington or .44 Mag. to fill the smoker at times. :)

I always thought Lizards did develope teeth to spread the Bacteria,but didn't have natures Hypodermics to deliver the nasty stuff.

Not like snakes with poison glands and fangs to do their thing.

As posted,several lizards are like Buzzards,They like their dinner dead and rotted for a while.
Their teeth are for chewing a big hole to spread Bacteria they produce.

Alligators and Crocks are known to put a critter they can't swallow whole under something in the river or? so it becomes easier to eat in a few days/weeks or whatever.

Their teeth are for holding their pray,not as much for breaking up larger critters.

They swallow stuff whole.
A rotted critter breaks up easier.

A lot of animals stash their eats to ripen for easier eats.

Interesting post though,maybe Lizards are the evolvment thing between snakes and Lizards.
I really don't know.

Alligators may store their food deep below stuff to prevent floating due to the water on the bottom usually being colder (to preserve the catch) and am sure a brining effect or softening of the carcass.  Natives Americans used to store food underwater also like this to prevent spoilage since they couldn't eat some of the animals in one sitting.  Kinda like a root cellar to preserve food.

Back