• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

A Little help needed for Chile Juju and Scovie

salsalady

Business Member
Our beloved Chile Juju Christi suffered a brain aneurysm a few days ago on her birthday.  She is currently in the hospital in Spokane, WA.  She is stable, these next couple days are the critical ones for the swelling to go down.   

Sounds like she will be in the hospital for a couple weeks.  Scoville DeVille/Jim is staying in a hotel and will be traveling back and forth (about 4 hours one way) until Christi comes home.

A friend has started a GoFundMe campaign to help pay for travel and hotel expenses for Jim.  If you feel so inclined and are able to , please consider helping out.  Every penny would be appreciated. 

I'll probably add a bottle of hhwhisky and a bottle of nice red wine delivered to their home.  ;) 

https://www.gofundme.com/help-christi-get-through-aneurysm

Keep sending thoughts, prayers, and good wishes.  Christi is a wonderful, strong lady.  She isn't quite out of the woods yet, but it is a miracle she is still with us.  Below is a copy of some FB updates from Jim-

Here’s where we’re at right now; The Neurologist explained that, (quoting as best I can); “as her vein heals it causes bruising. As bruising develops, it causes the veins to spasm which can cause a Stroke. The most critical days are 3-5 after the Coil procedure”. (Tues-Thur). Then he went on to say that, “Half of the people that have this very same thing happen are dead, and only 1 in 6 are in as good as shape as Christi”. Whoa... These are hard numbers to hear but also good, for us.
I apologize if I can’t call you personally and keep you in the loop but right now I am focused on my girl and taking in a lot of information as well as doing a LOT of walking, that hospital/hotel route is HUGE!
I would wish, giving your loved one an extra long hug and an extra kiss, you never know when you will have to put on your battle gear and love extra extra hard. In a moment, your life-pal is in a helicopter flying away from you, to a scary place and you are left to catch up and be strong. Be strong my friends! Love you all and I will update as I can. Thank you again for the kind words and support, you have made Cristi realize how big her tribe really is.
274c.png
❌
2b55.png
⭕
274c.png
❌
2b55.png

Back