• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce a new Blair's sauce that ISN"t an extract sauce!!!!

golden death....
golden_death_large.png

Ingredients: Scotch Bonnet Pepper, Fresh Onion, Cane Vinegar, Mustard Seeds, Habanero Powder, Salt, Turmeric, and Ascorbic Acid

now i know blair dosent get a good rap around here, but who knows this one might actualy be good?

what do you think?

ps bottle says "with chipotle" but ingredients say nothing about chipotles? curently emailing him to see whats up.

Well maybe the scotch bonnet or hab is smoked ;)

It usually means jalapenos but can be any chile.

Some people keep ingredients as basic as possible so their recipes are kept secret. Taste it and see. Let us know.

Yes please taste it and let us know what you think.

Pure Death is extract free too but IMO it tastes like cardboard and has even less heat.

ill see if i can find it... but i remember my last sauce buying experience $30 shipped is a bit much for a $10 sauce.. in canada no less

Thats $40 too much for a Blair's product unless you just want a very expensive skull keychain;) I've tried a lot of his sauces, super hots and his gourmet types and I haven't found any that I like yet:( His chips aren't bad but really nothing special in my opinion

of course your not. i wouldent open it ether

dude if you manage to find a retail one tell us what its like.

What's all the fuss about ingredients if it's a statue? :lol:

thehotpepper.com said:

That's like asking someone why they collect stamps if they are using e-mail.

I'm not saying that it's a stupid question - but the collectors will think that you are:lol:

thehotpepper.com said:

well maybe it wouldnt be used as a statue if it was good... it'd be to tempting to open, dont ya think?!

Nicole said:
well maybe it wouldnt be used as a statue if it was good... it'd be to tempting to open, dont ya think?!

I paid $29.00 for it a few months ago. It's now trading for over $200.00.

I don't believe I'd open it even if you gave me the cash to do it.

I tried the Golden Death in Albuquerque this year. Actually, tried several samples of it :) It's excellent, maybe the mildest sauce he makes (other than sweet death) and definitely the most flavorful. I'll be picking up a bottle as soon as it hits a local store, or when I make an order from hotsauce.com or wherever so I can combine shipping. Definitely my favorite Blair's other than the Q-series "Wasabi Green Tea".

Back