• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce a new Blair's sauce that ISN"t an extract sauce!!!!

Tkromer said:
I tried the Golden Death in Albuquerque this year. Actually, tried several samples of it :) It's excellent, maybe the mildest sauce he makes (other than sweet death) and definitely the most flavorful. I'll be picking up a bottle as soon as it hits a local store, or when I make an order from hotsauce.com or wherever so I can combine shipping. Definitely my favorite Blair's other than the Q-series "Wasabi Green Tea".

Where the hell have you been, my friend?

I have two bottles, funny this thread comes up, because I was just eating some on a burger. It IS very flavorful and very good. Not hot, but good. I have one to eat and the one he signed and gave me at Peppers. Got one of them Paul? :lol:

Okay so we have a taster. So what type of chipotle flavor is it? Smoked bonnets or hab powder?

One thing i don't get about Blairs products is the after sale value, does he keep some for himself and then sell for ~$200 when the prices get that high?
He surely is a master marketer.

thehotpepper.com said:
Okay so we have a taster. So what type of chipotle flavor is it? Smoked bonnets or hab powder?

I'm not sure I can tell. I get the taste of fresh scotch bonnets, then the onion and mustard. The hab is more of an aftertaste. I don't really taste the cane sugar except that it may be sweetening the whole thing. If I had to guess I would say the hab powder may be smoked, but it is not really a smoky sauce. One of his better sauces IMO tho.

JayT said:
I have two bottles, funny this thread comes up, because I was just eating some on a burger. It IS very flavorful and very good. Not hot, but good. I have one to eat and the one he signed and gave me at Peppers. Got one of them Paul? :lol:

The one above is signed, but I don't have a regular one with an autograph........

yet. ;)

I just like busting your chops. You have probably 200 more collectibles than I do. You have a seriously impressive collection. I am envious and a small chance to have something that you don't is fun. Of course I have one of the most expensive and expansive collections of half-eaten and worthless hot sauce bottles known to man. I would bet it numbers near 1000 now.

Back