• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking A Prelude to a brisket...

Last word from Jester and he was wrapping them in foil and back in teh BGE. Should be done by now. Booooo on the New Yawker' boooooer! :rofl: Run away before we boooo you a second time!

All right! After fending off the hungry hoard, the moist brisket rested for the obligatory hour. It was promptly sliced up and devoured. There is only a little left for tomorrow. Used a new rub tonight that was "pepper" infused. Really liked the results. Note: while there were not "adult beverages" displayed, there were many consumed.

operation_brisket_03.jpg

:woohoo:

Alright!!! Jester, that there kind sir was worth the wait. The last time i had brisket that looked like that it was down in Texas, when i lived there, and we ended up using it for fajitas.

Pepperfreak said:
Boo on you! Everybody knows you can't BBQ in an oven. :rolleyes: THAT is called baking. :rofl:

LOL! Some of the top BBQ teams in TX use the Big Green Egg because of the ability to control the temps. Mine held steady today in crappy, rainy conditions at 225. Never moved an inch. Ceramic cookers are amazing for doing BBQ. I have a monster upright smoker in the garage that I love, but it doesn't hold a candle to the BGE.

And I'm happy to compare my brisket to any out there. :) (out of my baking oven that is...)

Dang, I haven't had great brisket in awhile. If only you could at least get the aromaa through the computer! Preferably you could send a slice my way!!!!

Jester said:
LOL! Some of the top BBQ teams in TX use the Big Green Egg because of the ability to control the temps. Mine held steady today in crappy, rainy conditions at 225. Never moved an inch. Ceramic cookers are amazing for doing BBQ. I have a monster upright smoker in the garage that I love, but it doesn't hold a candle to the BGE.

And I'm happy to compare my brisket to any out there. :) (out of my baking oven that is...)

I think THP and PF were referring to PF's oven baked ribs, not your BGE. Nice looking brisket. I knew you were eating!

Nice. Yeah the BGE is real BBQ. PF made oven ribs. That was the oven reference. It's for the real PFBBQ :lol:

Looks real good Jester. My last brisket turned out like a piece of bulletproof vest. Didn't help it came from Food 'fo Less.

I hear real good things about BGE's. Is that one smoker you posted somewhere else a Cookshack? Some nice stuff...

JayT said:
I think THP and PF were referring to PF's oven baked ribs, not your BGE. Nice looking brisket. I knew you were eating!

Agreed...made me laugh re-reading it and was just having a bit of fun.

And thank you regarding the brisket. It's been a while since I've made one, long overdue.

boutros said:
I hear real good things about BGE's. Is that one smoker you posted somewhere else a Cookshack? Some nice stuff...

Man I wrestled with spending the dollars on the Big Green Egg, was lucky to find a spot online where they were reasonable. Looking back on the decision, wished I would have done it sooner. My other rig is a Spicewine. It's a bad mofo and cooks up a ton of meat. I only break it out for catering jobs or parties.

2956381757_85f850318d.jpg

boutros said:
Ever use a Traeger? Been lookin at those for a long time now.
If you wanna buy pellets forever.

No, but I've heard good things about them. I've also always wanted to smoke with a Cookshack, never have had the opportunity. If I ever realize my dream of opening up a full blown BBQ joint, I'll probably consider going with a monster Cookshack.

thehotpepper.com said:
If you wanna buy pellets forever.

I hear ya, but I'm buying charcoal forever now. They seem pretty efficient too.

Anyway, sorry for veerin' ya all off topic. Thanks for the info on your smoker Jester. Just browsin' on the equipment, prob ain't gonna buy one for awhile yet. Lookin forward to some more BGE vittles posted later on.

Back