• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

A Rare Gig

Me & the Fat Ol' Boys in the band got to headline a fundraiser for a disabled vets home last weekend. We're averaging 2 gigs a year, so far. Like being a kid again, just a fat old one...

21055029_338766399905985_794323930775350068_o.jpg

No wedges, no side fills. We ponied up for an IEM system, will NEVER go back to carrying those dammed monitors!! (kindly refer to the old, fat remarks above)

Crowd was a bit surprised at first, we play ZZ top, the Who, lots of classic HARD rock and blues. They expected America and David Gates, we gave 'em Steve Tyler and The Cure....

20933947_338766433239315_6360647196499898112_o.jpg

Doan'choo be 'fraid, jes' me sporting my latest bucket-list bass!

20914303_338766493239309_6927475267505361399_n.jpg

When you gig so seldom it's kind of sad to be done. So we played two hours longer than we were asked.....For a great cause, ya know.... :metal:

When the gigs are few and far between they are more special.

Thanks guys. All 4 of us played professionally, keyboard player started in the 60s, drummer early 70s, me and Guitar Gawd late 70s through the 80s, did our bit playing what people wanted to hear, this band is VERY self indulgent. Stuff like The Changeling by The Doors, Gotta Get Better in a Little While by Derek & the Dominos, almost the entire of side A of Trowers Bridge of Sighs album, Hey Bulldog by the Beatles.....Come to find out the folks LOVE tha' shit!!

THP, you are so right, the rare gigs are so sweet!

stettoman said:
Thanks guys. All 4 of us played professionally, keyboard player started in the 60s, drummer early 70s, me and Guitar Gawd late 70s through the 80s, did our bit playing what people wanted to hear, this band is VERY self indulgent. Stuff like The Changeling by The Doors, Gotta Get Better in a Little While by Derek & the Dominos, almost the entire of side A of Trowers Bridge of Sighs album, Hey Bulldog by the Beatles.....Come to find out the folks LOVE tha' shit!!

THP, you are so right, the rare gigs are so sweet!
Now playing Trower is impressive. Anyone have some video footage maybe on youtube ?

SavinaRed said:
Now playing Trower is impressive. Anyone have some video footage maybe on youtube ?
There were a lot of phones up in the air, something I'm also not accustomed to. If anyone took vid I don't know, but they would have to be moving; I was all over the place, canNOT stand still when I play.

If I find some I'll share. I'm particularly proud of this band, it's all about the music for a change!

Hey Bulldog is a fav.  Boris the Spider?  Fascination Street?  Dream Police? 

Back