• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking A simple smoke

The marinade was the only part that was "not so simple"

I dont write down recipes,but the heat was some MoA Scotch Bonnet sauce I made with some beautiful peppers Fiogga sent me 

I eat very little,, but cook for an Army..I cant help myself,,dont wanna waste any coal or wood

Marinade was done Saturday ,,Smoked em up on Sunday

Pecan n Cherry,,(mostly Cherry)

Yea C'mon

Oink Oink

Breasteses

Im a leg man

Yes Sir

:cool:
Kevin

Wow nice!

Did it come through in the marinade? I prefer a simple brine and those types on ingredients in the wet rub or dry rub. I find many of those get lost in marinades, and that's $.

The Hot Pepper said:
Wow nice!

Did it come through in the marinade? I prefer a simple brine and those types on ingredients in the wet rub or dry rub. I find many of those get lost in marinades, and that's $.
Thanks

The taste came thru in the marinade since it was overnight,It was subtle,I know exactly what you mean tho..

My rubs leave too much flavor,I like the taste of the meat to be prominent

Kevin

Nice smoker too. I see they are very affordable. How do you like? 

wayright said:
Thanks

The taste came thru in the marinade since it was overnight,It was subtle,I know exactly what you mean tho..

My rubs leave too much flavor,I like the taste of the meat to be prominent

Kevin
i love to do a simple brine on ribs or pork shoulder then heavy rub.  But i understand that rubs can be overwhelming in flavor.

wayright said:
The marinade was the only part that was "not so simple"

I dont write down recipes,but the heat was some MoA Scotch Bonnet sauce I made with some beautiful peppers Fiogga sent me 

I eat very little,, but cook for an Army..I cant help myself,,dont wanna waste any coal or wood

Marinade was done Saturday ,,Smoked em up on Sunday

Pecan n Cherry,,(mostly Cherry)

Yea C'mon

Oink Oink

Breasteses

Im a leg man

Yes Sir

:cool:
Kevin

damn those look so good, got me all hot n bothered

Back